To Beaver or not to Beaver... that is the question

Is the 310r dead? It was the first aircraft teased, then the Corsair came out already, now beaver teaser, but still no 310. Just wondering.

1 Like

I saw the Corsair but it‘s not my type of aircraft. I just know the P3D Beaver and see the throttle position in your picture, so I brought up the topic. I‘m happy to hear that you already did it, so I take it as you said: WIP :smiley:

The 310R is not dead. There’s a thread around here somewhere that Dutch (the lead dev) is posting to when he’s got something to say about it. We’re still working the model/paint to bring it up to standard. The flight profile is being worked on and so are the systems and all that.

edit: Update on progress with the Cessna 310R from Milviz

4 Likes

The Corsair is beautiful!

2 Likes

The only way we can make the amphib appear on the water is to do it as a saved flight. Otherwise, it must appear on the ground.

Oh well.

There are plenty of freeware water runways that can spawn aircraft on floats. No need for saved flights. Payware developers also start adding water runways to their products.

1 Like

I’ve got videos of MSFS floatplanes spawning at docks (in the water) and on water runways…including the Icon default model…

and this leads me to ask - why is it that there is so much confusion from established developers about what can and can’t be done in MSFS??
We have some rando third party folks who can manage to operate just fine within the constraints and to my knowledge none of them are ‘partners’ or ‘insiders’ yet… helicopters, jets, floatplanes - on and on.

There are plenty of freeware water runways that can spawn aircraft on floats. No need for saved flights. Payware developers also start adding water runways to their products.

Not an add-on developer myself but if I were it seems like a bad idea to sell a product that is dependent on customers having installed other add-ons I didn’t make to work. Imagine someone buys a floatplane and has never tried to use a seaplane in the sim before. They can’t find any water runways because there are none (or almost none) in the sim by default and they can’t take off with their floats sitting on asphalt. Now they’re firing off angry support tickets and forum posts to the floatplane developer.

Until Asobo gets their crap together on seaplane ops much better to just stick to amphibs with no pure floatplanes/flying boats IMO.

The other option I suppose would be if you make a pure seaplane with no land capability, you bundle it with scenery that adds a working seaplane base… so you don’t run the risk of anybody buying the plane in ignorance and then blaming you for not having anywhere to use it.

Yes, that is true, totally agree. Byt the argument was that it is currently not possible to spawn on the water without loading a saved flight, which is not the case anymore. So you can spawn an amphib on ground or in the water.

Byt the argument was that it is currently not possible to spawn on the water without loading a saved flight, which is not the case anymore.

It is for people who only have the base sim, is it not? For someone who just installed MSFS “out of the box” your options for spawning on the water are limited to loading a saved flight or maybe the 3 actual water runways someone claimed Asobo included which you’d have to know about to find.

Hi there,
what is estimated time of release?
A year ? Or months ?

Cheers
FF

Don’t know… it’s ready when it’s ready and it’s not yet ready but as soon as it’s ready we will let everyone know that it’s ready to be… uh… ready.

8 Likes

I am not sure what you meant when you said you were looking for suggestions to which GPS units it will support but won’t do G1000 etc… Does that mean you’re open to the GNS530? GTN750? I’d love the GTN750 version - and as you know, the gauge is already available for MSFS.

2 Likes

We’re open adding any existing default or 3PD units.

Not as a flight avionics but as Navaids or radios.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d love the GTN gauge support with a native bezel.

Like I said, if it exists already, we will add it. But, it working properly, if it doesn’t, is on you.

1 Like

The developer of the GTN750 addon, @ScorpionFilm422, is VERRYYY active in supporting the gauge.

It’s been out for people’s use for quite a while now, and he’s the developer of the GNS530 mod that made it usable.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s great. Both JustFlight and Carenado have incorporated support for GTN750 into their aircraft and the results are awesome!

2 Likes

I completely agree, these mods are some of the best in the sim (for me anyway)

1 Like

I am really liking just the free version - but I’m considering the $75 cost of the full version. I need to convince myself it’s not insane to spend $75 on an add-on GPS display for a video game. LOL.

1 Like