To Beaver or not to Beaver... that is the question

I know, I know… you give us an inch and we take at least a mile…

Still - Aerosoft did manage a multiple choice Beaver - just a couple of lines of quote from the aerosoft sales text:

• Separate internal and external MDL’s (40 in total!)
  • Leather seats and electrical flap system (luxury!) on most models
  • Five models (ski/wheel, floats, amphibian, wheels, tundra wheels)
  • Seven different pilots, six different interiors

All for around 25 Euro.

I am pretty close to 100% certain buyers will pay generusly for the extras. The Aerosoft Beaver was right near the top of the list of the best bush/amphib/float/ski/GA aircraft ever for previous flight simulations.

BUT no matter what you choose to do, Any Beaver will be on my instant purchase list and I will be very happy to own even just one version.

1 Like

some bill if we have the EX Milviz Beaver customer ? from P3D ??
and the turbo prop Also ?

I’m sorry, I don’t understand what you’re saying?

Yes, you will get a discount of 5$ off from having purchased the P3D version directly from us.

If you bought it from somewhere else, it’s full price. Sorry.

1 Like

Thank to you Krazycolin

Welldone bravo ! for all guys who purchase your goooood product .

Wow, the model is looking great! I’m looking forward to your Beaver. It’s the most enjoyable aircraft I have flown in the real world.

1 Like

Great progress:)
Btw Tundra Tires with a retro-looking version shouldn’t be a problem for you to develop…

Cheers
FF

What about straight floats instead of amphibians? Maybe as an expansion as with the P3D version? Would work great on the 2 blade retro version since a lot of beavers at that time were on straight floats

We’re considering options but straight floats aren’t on the list….

We can’t please everyone and we know it.

Oh well…

8 Likes

I understand that you can’t please everyone, there are a lot of different variations of the Beaver. But having at least some sort of floats on the 2 blade retro version should be considered, amphibian or straight. Since pretty much all Beavers built are on floats or have been on floats at some point.

2 Likes

We’re aware of this. The problem is where to spawn them. It’s exceedingly difficult to do so…

So, not at this time.

I really hope Asobo adds more water runways in the next update as they have shown that they are adding floats (probably amphibian though on some of the default planes. What would be really awesome is if you could just click to spawn at any bit of water (or land) on earth like you can already choose to spawn in air at any point, then you can spawn your floatplanes at any lake! Maybe one day.

3 Likes

It needs to spawn on my screen. Soon :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I expect the problem of a dearth of floatplane bases and docks will be erased with SU5 - if that is when ASOBO plans to add their own float planes

Where would you like to spawn? I’ll create some. There’s a ton available for Alaska and Washington.

Check out 69NH just south of the White Mountains

Hopefully Asobo adds a ton of seaplane bases to the sim with the update in a week since they showed the XCub on floats in the xbox trailer. I also hope they improve the float physics so we can finally have a sim with realistic float flying since both X-Plane and P3D are a bit meh for floats.

2 Likes

If you want to fly from some floatplane bases in Province of Quebec, Canada, this is the link: Québec FSXX - FS2020 - MSFS (jpfil.com).

There is a large amount of seaplane bases available on flightsim.to.
What Asobo needs to do is to ensure that all water is adequately flat, and to improve physics to include elements of low-speed control, waves, buoyancy, hydroplaning/foiling, tiedowns for piers, etc.

3 Likes

Coming up on a step.

1 Like

These are the Beaver’s night lighting. Note… these are WIP (work in progress) and may change given testers opinions.

16 Likes