To Beaver or not to Beaver... that is the question

I think these gauges in my opinion should have backlight lighting, and they look like lit by an external lamp,
…but I know that is still WIP so I don’t worry for now :wink:

regards
FF

2 Likes

Agreed… Dev has been asked to “make it so”.

Thanks.

3 Likes

This is a project I have a lot of interest in!

May I give an opinion? I think the Textures for the Cockpit look a little too “harsh”, like the Contrast was set too high. I know it’s a replication of an old aircraft, but I think it would look better if the metal frames had a more subtle “aging” and less sharpness all around.

This picture here is what I think would best represent what you know is a well flown Beaver but still in great shape expected for such a plane. Less is more in my book.

qe5tdyioent11.jpg (4048×3036) (redd.it)

Just a feedback to make this even more appealing to my eyes!

Regards

1 Like

The paint kit will include the dirt layers so, you can, if you’d like, do a paint that pleases your eyes.

6 Likes

After the experience with the Corsair (my first Milviz product) I definitely smell a sell on this one.
Off topic: @Krazycolin any plans for an Ju 87 for MSFS?

It’s under consideration…

1 Like

Night lighting fixed.

9 Likes

Good news everybody! Asobo have added several hundred water runways to the game! After I updated my Little NavMap database it shows 701 water runways. Unfortunately though it seems the overwhelming majority of them lack parking spots so you start with everything turned on at the actual water runway instead of cold and dark. Almost all of them are contained within the US as well with a handful in Canada and Sri Lanka. Still better than nothing eh? Just took off from Commodore Center just north of San Francisco in the Cessna 172 amphib!

Screenshot of LNM with all the water runways in USA+Canada selected:

Edit: Just noticed that was only 250 odd selected. There’s a fair few more including more in Canada and some dotted around Europe (mostly France), a couple in New Zealand and a couple in Fiji

8 Likes

… and amphibians are now working properly with SU5 in terms of transitioning back and forth between water and land. Looks like it’s setup so you don’t insta-crash if you are temporarily “mismatched” (e.g. you slide into land before putting gear down, or drop gear in water). Good stuff, ready for some Beaver action!

1 Like

And I have no doubt that MilViz will manage to make working water rudders, unlike Asobo!

With my PALH, you will have lot of starts point for Float and Amphib :wink:

2 Likes

Working landing gear, too.

The landing gear on the Asbobo amphibs works. If it’s doesn’t there’s a mod in your community folder screwing it up. I speak from experience.

Ah! Any idea which mod might be the offender? Which one affected you? Thanks!

Some people have said it was the G36 Bonanza improvement mod although I can’t imagine why. I haven’t had time to specifically test if that one was the culprit myself.

I’m suspecting the Bagolou amphib mods. I’ll try disabling them and report back. Thx.

Unfortunately water rudders are still inop. Just an animation with no effect on the maneuverability of the aircraft.

1 Like

Hmm for me the cub maneuvers well on water with the rudders… I have no additional addons but the g3000 and We Love VFR.

Hmm for me the cub maneuvers well on water with the rudders…

Attached is a screenshot where you can hopefully get an idea from the wake of how “well” the Cub turns on the water for me with the rudders down. This is with the rudders at maximum deflection for a right turn, at about 12kts. At lesser speed the rudders are even less effective, bordering on completely useless.

2 Likes

Confirming that the G36 mod(s) interfere with the gear animations. Thanks!