To Beaver or not to Beaver... that is the question

It is music to mear ears. The Otter and Totter news is fantastic. Was wondering who is going to make one and when will one be announced.

Tremendous news. Love it. You guys are rockstars.

Wait what? Milviz is also making a Twotter?? Which one to buy now - Aerosoft or Milviz Twotter? 🤷🏻

1 Like

I believe it’s a turbo otter. Which isn’t the same as a twin otter. A turbo otter is basically an otter with a retrofitted PT6 turbo prop engine

I think “Totter” is the turbo Otter, and “Twotter” is the Twin Otter. And if not – it should be!

1 Like

I suppose Milviz will make the glass cockpit version of the “Twotter” /“Totter” . In which case I’m definitely getting the Aerosoft one. Let’s see what happens. Will get their Beaver for sure.

I second that…

Totter is turbo otter not Twin Otter (twotter)

Totter is Turbo Otter. I get flak for calling it that but everyone in the company now does so…

It is our intention to do all analog on these birds. No glass as that would require significant remodeling.

(TBeaver is Turbo Beaver btw)

4 Likes

I doubt we will see a glass cockpit version of the Twin Otter as it uses Honeywell avionics (as opposed to Garmin). Twin Otter and PC-12 are more or less the only planes using Honeywell so it will be a massive task to program for these two planes only.

1 Like

Awesome! Great call! :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

Very good choice :+1: (and the best to do in the absence of Garmin trainer based GPS units)

1 Like

No GNS 530 or 430 even?

I meant the basic systems. We will allow for all of the default/3PD/modded GPS/GTN/GNS units with the exception(s) of the larger systems… (eg: no G1000/G3000)

2 Likes

with the possibility for a full steam gauge cockpit without any gps unit ? (i prefer no gps instead of a bad one)

Yes. You will be able to not have any GPS/GTN/GNS units.

2 Likes

Dropping in for my usual topic refresh. How is the work on Beaver progressing? Anything new? Can we realistically expect it in Q1 or rather in Q2 of 2022? Just curious… no pressure of course :wink:

1 Like

Possibly Q1… more likely Q2

3 Likes

EDIT: wrong post, wrong topic, I made mistake. Sorry :wink:

I don’t think there is another Beaver being made by any other developer, so I think Milviz can take their time to get this bird to the top shape it definitely deserves.

2 Likes