To the most vocal community members: I am … confused

The OP is as much a part of the problem for creating this inflammatory post. I started out my MSFS experience using this forum over a year ago. It has gotten ugly. And posts like this are as bad as the over the top complaint ones. I think I will leave this forum now, it has gotten toxic more often than not and is perpetuated by a few very noisy know it alls. Go ahead and rip into me now…Oh, and I had serious CTD issues with SU5 that were not there prior but the hotfixes solved them. So, I am sure it must have been my (empty) mod folder and all my frivolous extra software (like none) causing my CTDs. Stunning that Asobo could somehow fix my system remotely and solve my CTDs without me changing anything myself.

4 Likes

Just goes to prove doesn’t it that many people are happy with the sim and just want it to look prettier. If you really think I can tell if a TBM 930 flight model is off or the checklists for a 320 is incomplete, come on! :slight_smile:

The vast majority have probebly not touched the checklist :wink:. Don’t get me wrong I want these things as well but I’d be (word not allowed) if I knew it was broken in the first place. At least now you have your eyes open. We all want the sim to improve but it’s not everybodies priority the sim is ubber realistic, I would imagine most folks just want the crashes and bugs to go away so they can enjoy the sim for what it currently has to offer.

1 Like

Agreed. Fully! That must be priority number one, or even zero!

I happen to use the GA checklists though, because I like to learn to cold start correctly (and from some planes I don’t even know how to start them in the first place), but have not flown a TBM 930 irl.

Thanks for your comment, I had not thought of it from that perspective :slight_smile: . This is actually hopeful then :smiley: I just had not expected this to be the number one question. I had my eyes open to the very many posts we read here about other issues. I hardly read anything about cirrus anywhere, but maybe I am not looking in the right place…

No worries, I like the post. I think it’s good this is called out so maybe next time we can think about what really matters. :+1:

Regarding the replies on here - let’s hope we can all have a nice discussion about these topics we are passionate about and more importantly help Asobo move the sim forward. :airplane:

2 Likes

These types of vote forums are heavily flawed, & very vaguely reflect what is actually needed by the community (And therefore the Sim) at large.
This is made glaringly obvious with the Wishlist: No.1 on the list is Chinese localisation. This is clearly not the number one wish of the worldwide community of flight simmers (with respect to our Chinese friends).
Also, when I watch the Dev Q&A’s, they seem to have very little idea of what she means when she reads off the summarised heading of the particular wish, like ‘ATC phraseology’. -What does that mean? Just saying those two words does not convey the depth of our problems with the current ATC in the Sim.

I do agree with many others on the forum though, this Sim is in its infancy & is a work-in-progress. I’m proud to be part of it’s development, even though (like everyone else) I’ve had massive frustrations with bugs.

But the largest chunk of humanity though :smiley: So maybe they represent in fact the number one wish of the community.
I was surprised that it suddenly appeared on top of this list. But I thought: fair enough.

Why can’t we have both? I don’t personally care so much about activities and challenges, however VFR flying is as much (one might argue more) a part of aviation as IFR. This sim has the potential to be incredible for both, so I don’t understand why it needs to be one or the other.

4 Likes

It is not stunning nor magic, it is integral to their use of the PlayFab technology and services… remote activation of code among other things. I never doubt they also do A/B blind testing too. Now I’m not saying they fix CTD remotely for 50% of people, don’t read this please, but remotely activating different code implementations could be sufficient enough to indirectly solve some CTD people could be experiencing.

Fair enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you really think that they apply remote code injection? Maybe even as a sort of Alpha-testing?
Could they not have repaired a broken installation remotely, fixing missing or corrupted files?

No, but I’m sure they apply remote code ACTIVATION. :slight_smile:

Experimentation - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn

Overview

PlayFab Experiments feature helps you identify the best strategies for your game. It does so by helping you run multiple concurrent experiments and ensure statistical trustworthiness.

You can elevate the player experience by comparing different versions of game configurations, pricing models, and outreach mechanisms, determining the best variation for your title’s goals (engagement, monetization, retention, etc.) via experiments.

Capabilities of PlayFab’s Experiments

PlayFab Experiments is a tailored solution for running experiments in your games. It is powered by Microsoft’s internal experimentation platform which unlocks the best-in-class capabilities which are used by Minecraft, Azure, Office, Bing, and many other Microsoft products. PlayFab Experiments empowers you by providing the following capabilities:

• Creation and management of multiple concurrent experiments with the (interactive and self-directing) user interface on PlayFab Game Manager and via scalable APIs.
  • Targeting of the desired audience at random but in a controlled manner by making use of existing traffic. You can experiment over a segment and define the percentage of the target audience in each variant.
  • Scheduling of experiments or to run immediately.
  • Analysis of experiments’ scorecard results. The scorecards are computed reliably and possess enriched statistical details. This gives you an indication of statistical significance and alerts if a Sample Ratio Mismatch is observed.
  • Integrability with other PlayFab services such as Title Data, Player Profile, PlayStream events, CloudScript and Insights Explorer, etc.

Experiments Quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn

Integrating Experiments with other PlayFab services

Experiments is compatible with Player Profile, PlayStream events, CloudScript and Insights Explorer. For example, you can:

• Make configuration changes using CloudScript: Virtually any configuration-related game code variation can be enabled using a combination of CloudScript and Experiment’s getTreatmentAssignment API.
  • Make configuration changes using PlayStream events: Use the getTreatmentAssignment API to trigger game configuration changes based on PlayStream events.
  • Do a drill-down analysis using Insights Explorer: A unique identifier of each variant (VariantID) is stamped on all PlayStream v2 events and two specific PlayStream v1 events (player_logged_in and player_realmoney_purchase). This can be used to do further analysis on specific metrics. (The metrics can be based on the PlayStream events or your own game telemetry.) To query, use the Insights Explorer service or connect your own analytics platform.
2 Likes

I believe it was more regarding the use of the word “twat” to describe a forum user in one of your posts.

As always: Yes Capt’n!

1 Like

Ummmm…that was sarcasm. Asobo had problems with the sim that they hotfixed, it had nothing to do with my computer.

Not with your computer, but with the software running on it, which they fixed. I think it’s great that they are able to fix such things remotely!

@yzhammer
I’m fine with this :wink:
At least it wasn’t clear for everyone it was just sarcasm, this gave me the opportunity to explain the game goes further than just what is installed on the PC. I don’t think many are knowing exactly what are the latest insidious technologies making the gamer believing he is in control while he is not at all sometimes.

@GhostlyFrend
I’m sorry for derailing the topic with my comment :flushed:
This proves your point though to some extent: I’m really appreciative of all the positive comments I’m receiving, and I’m glad my contributions are helping some of you getting a better experience and knowledge about these technical things, but what does it change for the game in itself to posting it, not much.

I disagree. It’s working exactly how it is designed to, it just doesn’t favour what I would consider more important things half the time.

I also have an issue with this minority statement. Remember that this small minority of yours can only vote once. If a given topic you deem unworthy of attention has garnered more votes, where is your silent majority?

You may remember that the highest voted item was once removing the “Press any key” screen, which I have read has made its return on to the console. A thing the PC users didn’t want ended up getting re-implemented on console…

But that’s not my focus, it just occurred to me how absurd that seems, that Asobo would re-implement something the community so badly wanted rid of, having seemingly reluctantly removed it from the PC.

The point is that if something is important enough, the community will vote for it. And if they don’t, they won’t or at least not in enough numbers to matter.

The other issue is of course visibility. There is a long list of questions, and once a few threads gain some traction they can very quickly trample other threads.

When I look at the top 10 threads, there are only 2-3 that I would vote for.

The one about improving the physics on planes is down at 21 with 51 votes, and new clouds gets 174. Admittedly the question isn’t the most fleshed out query I’ve ever seen in my life, and goes into zero detail of what they want improved, but still. :wink:

Your silent majority need to step up, and make their voices heard!

1 Like

Wait, what? Does this mean that some of us may be running different variants of the sim code than others?

1 Like

Was there a “Please Fix or Add this” list of items to vote on posted somewhere ? I am here every day or so, I have not actually seen a list to vote on … Guess I missed it. If so, I bet lots of people missed it too.

We should get both! One does not deteriorate the other.