Too intrusive "Connection lost" message

This is the most annoying “feature” in the sim so far, I cannot imagine what was in the head of that/those who came up with this idea! It should be just a discrete informative notice somewhere in a corner, it’s not the end of the world! Or scrap it entirely, I don’t mind! :rage: :rage: :rage:

2 Likes

I get it, it’s important to let the user know why terrain and photogrammetry data quality suddenly tanks. But PLEASE make it a notification that pauses the game permanently unless you click “Ok”. Make it a toast notification, or even keep the same window but whatever you do, don’t pause the flight!

I enjoy flying long haul flights, but as the flight time goes up, so does the chance of a network blip during these 8, 10, or 12 hours. I’ve woken up to flights that are paused 2-3 hours in after leaving it running for 8-10 just because MSFS would like to let me know my network was unstable for a second or two.

I don’t know why, but it’s so much more frustrating to wake up and see that the sim has been working perfectly without crashes, but your flight is ruined because of a simple popup window that needs “Ok” to be clicked.

1 Like

That must be annoying. Along a similar vein is the Azure ATC unavailable/dropout messaging. I get it on many flights now not sure why its so bad on the cloud these days. The most annyoing time I’ve had it happen is on short final, just when you don’t need an Azure notification blocking your view! I wish they could notify us without blocking users view with the notiication or as in your case having to click ‘OK’ to proceed.

I usually get it just after rotate which is quite bad timing. It would be so much better as a non intrusive notification in a corner of the screen, is not like is important enough to stop the whole game for.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it’s good that the user gets notified of these things, as it’s helpful to troubleshoot issues sometimes. But the way it’s currently implemented is too intrusive. Honestly I’d be already really happy with the same kind of notification as Azure services, or the “Online/Offline” notification. But it would indeed be lovely if it’d also push it to a corner of the screen in case you’re doing something important in that moment.

1 Like

Same, i got a 1gb connection, no issues outside of the sim and yet the ■■■■ message made me crash on finals. A simple notification is more than enough, but blocking the view and controls is no go.

1 Like

I’m glad a bug was logged for this. It’s bad enough that this message blocks the windshield, but also the flight controls get locked out.
This messaged popped up 7 times in a one hour flight. The last time I was on final for LEMD.

4 Likes

A 100% agree. A little icon in the top right or left corner would be much better.

Also, sometimes the connection says it’s not available (I assume server side, as the rest of the net works perfectly) but then resumes after a while. Other times it just comes up and says that the option has now been turned off! What a PITA! Now I gotta go into all the menus to turn it back on again… Just leave my setting on, and if it can’t be provided, a non-intrusive icon in the corner can tell me that data services are not connected.

2 Likes

I once lost the connection before landing and was judged to have crashed, which is a very bad experience. I really hope to change the connection loss prompt.

Today on a one and a half hour flight I was getting the connection lost message about once a minute or maybe once every two minutes, with a successful connection a few seconds later. Very distracting. I think that it must be a server issue. Probably busy on a Saturday afternoon on the USA East server. I don’t get this during the week or early in the morning (EST). I am going to log a zendesk report.

3 Likes

Totally agree with my both hands up.
Actually I didn’t have this message popped up until three or four months (just a rough memory) ago. I even thought it’s not my internet connection issue because I changed to 4G wifi AP (which is shared solely to MSFS 2020 connection) but it still goes on and off.
I feel it’s more like a bug occurred since some update.
But no matter it’s a bug or not, this issue shouldn’t be that much to interfere my flight control. Just this morning when I beautifully landed my F-18 on a small airstrip, this message popped up so my brake is disabled and I couldn’t totally stop my fighter before end of runway.
I know that this message showing this way is because it wants the user to decide to switch offline or not. But most user like me should like to keep trying to connect and not really like to switch the connection totally off. Why don’t make the error message a small hint on the screen?

3 Likes

I just had it as the whole scenery disappeared and my aircraft fell into the void. It’s happening a lot, half of my last week’s attempts to use the sim ended up in such crashes before I could even leave the ground…

1 Like

Is this entering the Void Gate? I was just judged to have crashed and not fallen into the void~ :rofl:

1 Like

I wrote it in a funny way but truth is it just happened again, this is becoming unbearable. Surprised not a lot of people reporting this, it’s happening too much frequently. Can’t wait to install something else 12…

1 Like

I’m still getting this, for the record. Mostly ignorable for me.

1900z getting these connection lost every few minutes… As soon as I click on the “ok” it gives me a connection restored message.

1 Like

Same for me. Started on 02. Mai. Connection lost, then a few seconds later the connection succesfully restored message. Destroys not only imersion, but the scenery gets fragmented

1 Like

Hi @CoyAnteater1511, and welcome back to the forums. “Connection Lost” issues have affected quite a few, so you’re not alone. There is an official poll here where the issue is being tracked.

Now that you’re back, please check out the Code of Conduct and Terms of Service when you have a moment to reacquaint yourself with the rules of the road here in the forums. There is also a Forum Guide where you can review features available to you when using the forums. Again, welcome back.

Manually bumping this since it is relevant at the moment.

5 Likes

I’ve had many of these connection lost/dropped / reconnected messages over last 72 hrs. They get very annoying when they happen 20 times a session. The pop up is ridiculously sized and can pop up during a critical phase of landing. It’s time these messages were downsized or place elsewhere eg one of the screen corners. I don’t even mind the red/green connected/disconnected messages as they are small, it’s that large connection lost pop up that obliterates the view that is the real problem. (Other than the connection drops themselves).
Added my vote.

1 Like