Toolbar broken in VR

Do we agree that even Oculus touch don’t work? I can aim at instruments but can’t activate anything but the yoke, triggers don’t work.

Yup, your temporary fix works to activate the mouse with the toolbar in VR. I’ve had better luck flying general aviation aircraft than anything that requires Navigraph charts like the FBW A320nx because it will reset your view everytime.
Has anyone done a Zendesk report on this yet?

Come on. It have to be a hotfix for the toolbar soon. This is no good. It should be easy. Does anybody know when it will be fixed?

1 Like

I’m afraid we won’t hear from them and even less expecting a hotfix.
They will now blame thanksgiving in the US, then there will be Christmas and we end up with a fix on the next WU in January :frowning:

I found the Oculus touch controller implementation extremely crude and largely useless. You can use a controller as a simple switch toggle device but anything more complicated like precise control of a rotary dial… I’m afraid forget it. In fact I’ve packed my touch controllers away again and have reverted to mouse control until Asobo take VR more seriously. It’s quite telling that nobody appears to have created a detailed instruction guide on YouTube about their use in say the A320.

1 Like

Don’t hold your breath. Asobo have no interest in VR… They will fix what they have broken in the next update in February next year if we are lucky…

4 Likes

I can’t even flip a switch in the C152 :thinking:

In fact I found two issues.

1. Check that you dont have DX12 enabled. I did not select it. For me it caused a CTD when leaving VR.
    Then before going in to VR I closed the ATC window and asked the AI to deal with the comms and the taxiways.
    Then I closed all the windows. Then I started VR.
    In that config I was able to fly… the only constraint being I could not ask ATC to descend or ascend on my flight plan. AI handled all the comms. Of course the flight plan needs to be IFR and include, at least, the runway you want to land on and, ideally the arrival.
    I hope that helps my VR buddies.
    At least I am not blocked. Till the next time :slight_smile:

im so fuming it was working fine (ive been playing tons with the vr hp reverb g2. it does work when you ctrl 0 it, but the performance is bad. and good luck trying to set Alt hold, for some reason one click on the mouse spams the dial. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: want it to work so bad

1 Like

Actually, updating the OpenXR Dev Tools via Windows App Store has fixed the CTDs when switching from VR to 2D for me.

Again, try setting the “home cockpit mode” to ON in the general/camera settings. You loose the mouse zoom, but otherwise everything is pretty much working. It is a workaround, and not perfect, but I think much better than switching the cam view every time you want to interact with the windows.

Also, there is a new OpenXR version available, so try updating the OpenXR Dev Tools via MS App Store and check the VR again.

2 Likes

Asobo Please for the love of VR give us a Hotfix for this bug being that you have broken it in the last update

Over 500 Votes now in a week and still nothing from either Asobo or MS :frowning:

7 Likes

Tried with occulus touch next to useless quick hot fix pull vr controller support and revert until working properly . To be honest I don’t want or need controller support the toolbar though is essential . Even more essential is being able to have my controllers on without mucking up vr in flight sim as I cant pull in outside windows to my cockpit . Maybe i am being selfish.

1 Like

I agree Oculus touch is useless i have no interest in it anyway as i have a Thrusmaster Warthog Hotas setup…The other annoying thing is tho i get a message soon as i enter VR about touch controllers to either customize or keep default every time i load up :frowning:

Live weather down? 24/11/2021 - #172?

So the weather is going to be addressed, which arguably affects everyone, would still be nice to get some sort of acknowledgment for our specific regression bug though…

2 Likes

Happy to bump this again, shocking that the relatively simple bug with casting isnt fixed in a quick hotfix?

1 Like

Hmm, how do you know it is a relatively simple bug? And possibly they have found some other issues related, and need some more time before confirming the fix? You can see in the title that this bug is logged.

I would expect them to form a complete picture of all the issues that came with SU7 before just shooting out a hotfix on this issue alone.

Also having similar problem in VR since GOTY update. New VR pointer support seems to work to toggle switches etc but does not allow interaction with toolbar menus. The pointer finds the menu - arrows appear pointing at edges for instance - but menu cannot be resized, moved , minimised or interacted with eg selecting an ATC response. As mouse is not available this really messes up VR experience. Like others I can only hope for an early hotfix.
Using Oculus 2

Insanely incompetent people at Asobo. Shame on you guys. Won’t even bother to address it with a simple quote like ‘we are working on a hotfix’. Absolute clowns I :clown_face:

9 Likes

nice that did work, then after 20 mins screen going pure wobbly ?? i have a 3080ti not all on ultra and as fine before this update