Toolbar broken in VR

I flew for 50min and didn’t experience a framerate issue.
If you have clouds on Ultra, put them on High, I don’t know why but since SU7, Ultra setting kills my framerate and since clouds change over time, that could be your issue.

1 Like

I have some things working with the Home Cockpit on ,however I am not able to interact with the instrument switches using the mouse with this setting.Is there another setting I am missing?

I do not understand why there is still no solution to the problem

3 Likes

Hi guys!!! I have fond a nice work around… You wont be able to use the menu but you won’t get stuck… Go in the options, Assistance options, with the left and right arrow in the top menu below Assistance Options put it to TRUE LIFE and if you want to know where you are going use the POI at EASY… It will show you the village and city you pass over. I personally use it like this to get some point of reference until i know perfectly the area. Hope they will be able to get a fix soon… It’s not a well way to play to be stuck in the basic menu like this… I wish a great flight to every one of you guys!!! Enjoy!

Until this bug is fixed, the only option would be to stop the ATC chat from popping up at start

Same here. You can turn off the Objectives window in the Assistance menu, then it won’t pop up anymore.

Just use the control-0 trick and close or move the window.

1 Like

Because its a common VR bug to do with the casting, essentially the layer of the objects within the 3d space and there interactivity.

I’d expect a hotfix when the issue is serious enough to stop the feature working. For example if the engines on all jets stopped working id expect a hotfix even though other planes work fine. Its not unreasonable request at all.

3 Likes

I recently bought this game and was hoping for a neat VR experience. But the performance is horrible and the toolbar isn’t even working in VR.

I hope they fix this soon because I do love this game in the 2 days I’ve been playing but I want to play VR and that’s not possible at the moment.

1 Like

If the functions that shipped with a package doesn’t do what it was intended to do by the end-user then it’s obviously broken

6 Likes

I cant believe we have heard nothing officially this week about a hotfix…Where are official people to say to us something about this major problem we are having

Including the assistance options seem to reset every other day or so…This is madness

12 Likes

Does Microsoft/Asobo want to pay for my Navigraph subscription while I’m grounded from IFR or any serious flying in VR? How they could deliberately release SU7 knowing they have broken the UI for VR users. VR controller support should have been delayed for SU8/9. It has taken any shine off the GOTY edition for me. I wish I still had SU6 still for VR.

5 Likes

Its been said several times/ press Ctl+0 0=zero with default keyboard settings to get the toolbar to function in VR with the mouse, else assign a key to toggle instrument view 10 , then use the mouse as normal …

This is a temp fix until VR toolbar is fixed …

1 Like

And almost as often as this workaround was mentioned is was as well said that there are aircraft that actually use that view and CTRL+0 brings up an instrument view making it impossible to fly. (Eg FBW320)

Agreed, but it just shows the skypad and left window view , however once toolbar has been used just reset it back, as I said its a temp fix, I personally would rather use that , than no VR toolbar at all …

Nah, I simply altered the camera.cfg so my flypad view is the same as the pilot view.
But that requires messing with config files.
A workaround without any doubts but not even close to a fix.
We simply need a hotfix and even more we finally need an official statement concerning this as well as for some other severe drawbacks that came with SU7.

Promoting workarounds is just sending signal to MS and Asobo that everything is fine and we can wait for next Sim Update on Feb. 22nd.

1 Like

Are you guys trying Ctrl + 0 ?
It worked for me…
Come on Asobo dudes, what’s next?

9 days and it’s still not working. I had 4 days off for the holiday. Planned on logging some flight time. Might be time to uninstall this hot mess and stick with XP11 for another year or so. At least they don’t break it every few weeks.

Then lose VR focus and your view gets messed up. Great workaround? Popping the navigraph window out after getting VR focus back seems to affect operating navigraph. At best the workaround is something if you’re sightseeing with clear skies on a Sunday afternoon. Maybe standing on one leg while hitting CTRL + 0 might make VR like SU6.

This is a very good hint.
The issue is, you are unable to reset the VR camera when you are in the cockpit and everything is far away.

VR USERS:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Legacy Mode in MISC +must+ be turned on!!

Press ESC, here you can hit space (or which ever else button you bind for reset VR cam) and you can reposition you.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I created also a bug at zendesk about this game breaking bug experiance.