Toolbar broken in VR

Totally agree. The ctrl 0 workaround is completely impractical for serious flying in VR. For me, I’m grounded in VR until this is fixed.

2 Likes

Who would have thought ten days ago that VR would be left broken like this? My love for this sim is waning. I am losing faith in MS/Asobo’s commitment to VR.

I’ve got to be honest. I have become too reliant on this Sim for entertainment and I am extremely annoyed that my happiness is in the hands of another greedy corporation. Time to step back and remember this IS only a game.

Sad days for the sim but hell, it shouldn’t be so important that it makes you unhappy. Off to find some perspective. See you in a few months.

1 Like

Another day and nothing are the dev team really aware how game breaking this is and more worrying how long it is going to fix .was going to buy reno on hold till fixed and nothing brought on sale. No fix no buy .

Same here… I have spent enjoyable hours playing other flight sims. One is a combat simulator and I’ve enjoyed flying in VR a FA-18 (BTW the game is free to DL). The other is one that puts me over Stalingrad.
During the Black Friday sales I have purchased their products. I have not purchased any MSFS products on account that I do not know when they will fix it. To be honest I was totally perplexed why they released this version KNOWING that they had this bug, as it was listed in the known issues log.
In just a week over 500 votes have been gathered and not even a peep from any community manager or Asobo.
There is more than one way to vote…I voted with my wallet.

2 Likes

There was a response from a community manager yesterday and it was to close down the topic expressing disgust at the lack response from MS/Asobo…

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/the-silence-since-su7-was-released-is-deafening

1 Like

Thanks for that link, I’ve only been tracking this conversation. Pretty much nothing positive said by the community manager. He states that the developers are aware of the VR issue. Of course they are. They were aware of it when they released the patch. Again, it shows to me that they have little respect for the VR community.
I hope shutting down conversations when the content reflects poorly on the product/developer etc is not going to be a common trend or policy.
Anyway, I’m off to fly in another VR sim…

9 Likes

Well done with this update.
You really surpassed yourselves this time. Not just a bug, the sim is unusable.
Get it fixed…pronto!

11 Likes

Not just that thread, half the threads on the “Top” list is locked.

1 Like

I am a VR user. It is so disappointing. Without ATC and Flight Assistant, VR mode is useless

Also, i noticed in VR mode

1. can’t get rid of POI markers with all unselected options in the Flight Assistant
  2. occasionally, can’t steer the plane

worst upgrade ever! Where is QA/QC!

GJH

1 Like

Hello everyone,

although this issue may be frustrating,
please stay on topic.

See Code of Conduct for reference.

Thank you for your understanding.

I’m also unable to click on toolbars and most pop up windows / interactions. Clean install, G2 ETC.

If we don’t hear anything this week I’ll go nuts, this silence is deafening and quite frankly appalling customer “service”. You wouldn’t get this in any other field so why is it gaming companies can regress features and pretend nothing happened?! It seriously beggars belief.

COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS

8 Likes

For me i can get into VR but like everyone else i can’t click on any of the VR Menu options . Also i notice that the throttle & fuel mixture nobs are in & out like someone is push & pulling them . Then after a while i can no longer even get out of VR mode . I try the button i have assigned on my joystick . Also try the keys on the keyboard they won’t even get me out of VR . Only thing i can do is close MSFS altogether & start it back up . Very frustrating that no one seems to care about VR . Maybe the developers & beta testers just don’t use VR so just don’t care it’s not working . Just have to hang out in X-plane i guess and use it . They seem to care about all users none VR & VR alike .

2 Likes

I’m so sad! I jumped back into MSFS2020 after getting back home from Thanksgiving and VR is borked. I have the same issues with mouse and the toolbar. I also cannot make the yoke invisible on the 172.

I usually try to spin up the sim right after these updates to try and fix what is broken so I can actually enjoy the game when I get time. Two of these updates have wiped out my stick, throttle and rudder controller settings (not this one though) or have reset some setting or another.

I’m tired of having to wonder if a game update has killed my game experience. It reminds me of when I was admining Windows servers and had to worry about MS updates killing them.

EDIT: I am able to slew the world map again after resetting my mouse to default and I can use the toolbar in VR again after hitting ctrl-0 in VR, so the game is usable for me again (I still can’t get the 172 stick hidden, I haven’t tried other aircraft yet).

4 Likes

I created an account to add my voice to this issue.

I’ve been a FS user since MS Flight Simulator 3.0. It’s literally what drove me to earn my PPL. I’ve been enjoying FS 2020 thus far and have been using VR with generally reasonable success since it was introduced. I have spent my career as an enterprise level software developer and now run software teams delivering software to Fintech clients. The fact that this completely game breaking bug was missed is beyond embarrassing. VR is complete unusable now, and I have stopped using the game entirely due to this.

Your QA department needs to seriously review their regression test suite. Some minor bugs are understandable, but you literally cannot play the game in VR now. This game is best experienced in VR so this is really annoying.

Hotfix this please!

11 Likes

It is worse than that. They did not miss the bugs; it is in their release notes. Knowing that it was a game braking bug in VR and still release the patch to meet the American “Black Friday Sales” deadline, is why I don’t understand.
Ps; I am sure they will blacklist this, it is becoming the norm with negative posts.

6 Likes

I think I’d lose my job if I allowed something this serious to go out the door. I guess they consider VR users to be in the significant minority and thus not a priority. It’s a shame really.

8 Likes

I’d be fired too. This is unacceptable.

1 Like

Exactly! But is going to come back to bite them in the near future because VR is the future. My favorite VR Streamer has not posted a new video for days. That tells you something…

5 Likes

I don’t want to defend a defective release, but I don’t think they’re ignoring the VR users. Otherwise, they would not have added controller input that many of us were clamoring for, however flawed.