Toolbar broken in VR

Same here. Don’t understand, why they bring an update, if there is a known bug like this.

2 Likes

According to Jorg N, he flies ‘almost always’ in VR.

Well, on this occasion he obvious did not. At the very least, get the mouse working at in VR so we can access the toolbar and set up the radios etc.

XP 11 has nothing like the graphic fidelity of FS2020 but…it does work and works well. That is where I am going now so as to enjoy flying in VR tonight, though I would prefer to be in FS2020.

I hope Microsobo get over their excitement regarding Reno and make the effort to fix VR soon, so that those of us who, like Jorg, fly VR ‘almost always’ are able to do so again soon.

Until then, from my point of view anyway, MSFS2020 is a useless piece of junk awaiting repair.

7 Likes

I can confirm the same issues with the toolbar windows in VR.

They are becoming like EA… add more new stuff, break stuff, and don’t fix old bugs.

I will certainly not be buying Reno and instead putting that money towards X-Plane 12.

6 Likes

Am I the only one who has the ‘Objectives’ window in the middle of my view btw? Since I can’t close or move that windows, that makes it impossible to fly in VR now for me.

2 Likes

Sounds like all your assistance settings have been reset. Have a look in there. Mine had all been reset to all on (easy) and had to fiddle around in there to get rid of the pop up boxes.

The release notes say to use raycast mode to interact with the toolbar in VR. Does anybody know where raycast mode is, I can’t find it.

1 Like

Exactly what I said a bit further above :point_up: :wink: I can’t find that setting either…

Yeah I agree this is just stupid. I can’t use vr at all now because all the windows from the toolbar are open. Hope they get a hotfix out for this. Especially when in the reno air races video that state how amazing it is in vr haha.

1 Like

Guys for all those with windows open when you start your flight you need to check your assistance settings. They will have been reset to ON “Easy”

1 Like

Also, you can lower the volume of ATC so you won’t have to respond. I found a nice spot where it sounds like chatter but it’s not annoying. You can do this in Sounds.

I agree. @Jummivana I second this.

1 Like

I think by ray-cast they mean where the pointer is shown as a “ray” coming out of the VR controller. I can’t find any where to enable or disable that, but with my G2, I have that ray-cast look when I activate the controller, but still cannot interact with the ATC, weather, etc panels. I was randomly able to hold the trigger and move them and re-size them (worked about 10% of the attempts), but can never click on a button in the panel or the “X” close button to make them go away. Interaction with those windows when using VR is completely broken for mouse, VR controller and even keyboard (using the number keys to select an ATC response doesn’t work either).

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion… but once open you cant move them around, or interact with any of the checklists.

It’s quite an achievement isn’t it?

Personally, although I always fly in VR, I prefer to use a Hotas and not VR controllers. However, I also use Navigraph, Vatsim and rw procedures and the lack of the toolbar, mouse functions and therefore the ability to set radios and other functions is essentially preventing use of the sim.

I do sympathize though with those who were hoping to use VR controllers and have waited so long, only to be disappointed.

I just hope Microsobo get their act together and, having once again broken things that were working well, produce a hotfix very soon.

We certainly cannot be expected to wait for the next scheduled update.

3 Likes

Ah yes If you open them yourself while in flight that’s true.
I was referring to the ones that were having issues when first loading into a flight and windows were already open and in the way.

1 Like

ah gotcha, apologies

1 Like

It’s really ruined vr for me too. Please fix this!!!

2 Likes

I know that controller support was the most voted VR feature.
At the same time I doubt that anyone voted for this very limited functionality.
And considering that with this new feature essential features were broken I can only see one instant solution:

• Rollback VR mode to earlier build, work it out properly, have a dedicated flight for VR for testing and come back with the new features when they are actually ready.

I am pretty sure that rolling back to previous VR-mode should have no effect on the rest of SU7 as VR seems to be a very isolated mode anyway.

9 Likes

Agree, roll back the VR controller support. It has broken the mouse…

2 Likes

Great idea, but Asobo is usually having trouble with build management, so it’s very unlikely they are able to isolate and rollback just the VR code.

1 Like