Toolbar broken in VR

Same problem here …

I can confirm toolbar not working either
Also the yokes are not clickable/removable in the C172.

As exclusive VR user, this is pretty unplayable now, what a shame.

1 Like

Yes - same. All works in 2D but in VR I can open the menu bar but neither the mouse nor the controllers will open any of the menus (ATC/Maps/Checklist/etc) even though both manipulate the cockpit controls and general external menus just fine.

If you lift the headset and use the keyboard to, say, open the ATC dialogue, while the mouse cursor and the controller trigger will highlight the action box, it will not actually action it.

Index here using Steam VR and same here. The menu bar can be summoned but cannot be manipulated in anyway.

I don’t get how this could make it through Beta, like what kind of suit management is going on here and how long till they can be fired so the passion can come back to the FS Franchise? Updates shouldnt be known for causing issues, they should be hype events. How can this be going this badly this long into the products life cycle, seriously.

3 Likes

VR users really are lowest demographic when it comes to support here. Can’t believe this was a known issue and nothing was done. Really going to enjoy my purchase of the Reno addon with menus pasted in front of my face!.. Clearly VR isn’t a money maker for MSFS so it’s below the bottom of the pile. Need a portal to get us VR users out of the Nether here!

1 Like

VR users of the world, unite! It is clear that we are not a priority, we need to speak up more loudly, otherwise MSFS will not hear us and ignore us. Sad, but true…

Please Asobo, give VR some more love, and make sure to have VR pilots on your beta testing teams…

Hopefully we’ll get a hotfix for this issue soon!

3 Likes

Just fired up the sim, I only use VR,
Having the cant click the toolbar problem…wow. Thought it was jsut me.
This really is a shambles

1 Like

TIP & TRICK: We need to set to default the mouse profile because of this way we can use both at same time, touch controllers and mouse. And with default profile the world globe round again with the left click.

Set your keyboard to default preset and then press CTRL+0 to activate toolbar clicks again. Press CTRL+0 when you are showing the toolbar with your VR headset. Tested and working!

Grounded like anyone else.
I love this sim, I really do, but sometimes it’s impossible to defend. I’m not waiting two months grounded for a SU8 to fix this.

2 Likes

Could you elaborate? I don’t understand the instructions :thinking:

Same as everyone else. Can’t click anything on the toolbar

Cannot use Navigraph in VR, mouse not working , panels not working properly- what a mess! Come on Asobo sort this out!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, between the beta test and the release, they fix almost nothing, there’s not enough time.
My update was 60Mo…
WE are their QA team in reality. :cry:

1 Like

Grounded as I cant close any windows or interact in any way in VR.

1 Like

I’m pretty lucky that 90% of the time is in DCS world. only 10% in msfs. Won’t be back until Asobo gives VR users a fair go!

What happened to the new dedicated vr team that was spoken of by the devs prior to su5 ?

3 Likes

They got blinded by over exposed scenery and sky and crashed.

3 Likes

Also broken here. Oculus Quest 2 & Oculus Rift S. Is it bad that I fully expected to not fly today? I’m pretty used to expecting that by now. I used to look forward to updates.

Is now a good time to ask for DLSS as well? :wink:

2 Likes

Long time lurker posting for the first time, simply to ask how this is even possible? This screams we didn’t QC VR.

…and then it hit me. We are the QC team.

1 Like