Toolbar broken in VR

I’m upset enough that I also just made this account to help the problem’s visibility. :confused:

2 Likes

This makes the sim useless. Please roll back to the previous VR build ASAP

Legitimately embarrassing.

1 Like

For all the blather about “We all play in VR, we love VR” it’s just all rhetoric really. The Beta testers must feel like they are just having their time wasted.

2 Likes

Same problem here… I fly only in VR using Navigraph maps , pushback etc… NOW nothing works… I have just invested $7k in a new computer exclusively for MSFS… What is going on with these update failures… No happy.!!

2 Likes

I’ve understood many of the bugs in the past, it happens in game development and I am continually impressed with how much the team is invested in improving the sim, but pushing this out knowing that THIS bug was present is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. Please fix this ASAP.

9 Likes

Had the same problem, but i changed a setting in one one the menus, don´t remember where, but after that the mouse control was working whit the toolbar again.

replying to BANKHOKKLAN

is it possible it had to do with the vr controllers? did you reboot with vr controllers off?

I feel like maybe its an issue with the game getting confused between the click function of the mouse vs the vr controllers?

No reboot, and yes, maybe it was in the vr menu?
I will restart the sim to check, should be sleeping now but the community neds help!

3 Likes

So you’re able to click on the menus and move the panels in VR now???

sounds like he’s got it working with mouse control only?

I still cant figure it out on mine.

I am noticing if you mess with the controller settings under All settings>>Menu nothing is assigned. I am going to assign some keys to it and see how it works. TBD

1 Like

Same issue obviously. If you have an Xbox controller you can use it to close any windows that open that you can’t get rid of with the mouse.

Using Oculus, I am able to change the VR settings on both controllers to at least open and close the menus. For example when i load in my checklist and ATC pop up automatically. I have set short keys to be able to close them: Right joy stick click removes ATC and left “X”+Y" open and close ATC. Seeing if there is a selection to toggle on a select key so i can respond to ATC

At least it is broken consistenly. With the newly added hand controller support, the same problem occurs: The toolbar buttons can be pointed at, but not clicked.

Obviously, noone at Asobo cared about this essential part of the sim being broken in VR and released it in this state anyway. Otherwise, it would not appear as “known issue” in the patch notes. Maintaining the release date was more important than delivering a working and well-tested product.

8 Likes

Probably all have the same headset.

Goodness. I didn’t see it on the known issues list at first (it’s there for sure), but this needs a hotfix ASAP!

As a workaround, going into any camera “fixed view” allows toolbar items to be selected and manipulated before a “VR - camera reset” to return to default cockpit view.
You can position (eg) Navigraph charts in the fixed view in a relative sense before view restore.
Return to a fixed view to change a toolbar panel.
This works for me in DC6, locked mode. Havent tried elsewhere.

Edit: Should have checked my bindings and terminology. Was an instrument view, not fixed camera. Instrument view works in GA aircraft so the workaround should be useful for all aircraft.

Edit 2:
My bindings for this turn VR Toolbar operations into a mode. The 2nd column commands in control options seem to be executed after the first, which is required for this to work. If using “instrument view” as the workaround, bind a single input to “VR - toggle toolbar” in column 1. Bind “instrument view 1” or whatever to the same input , column 2.

Then 1 button to go in and out of this mode. In conjunction with the config edit to set the view to the initial cockpit one, becomes a seamless exercise.

Phil.

5 Likes

Same problem with not working Toolbar in VR. Please solve this bug with the next (fast) hotfix.

Great work around! THX