Top Gun Escort

Alright but dont fly to fast I usually fly the 208 Bwhahaha!


Oh no look out:

Problem is, every time a player voluntarily gets close to another without alerting or seeking its consent, TCAS alert in some second party planes (MD80, Fénix A320) automatically start diverting manouvre and THAT isn’t nice especially during a final.

There is one way to intercept someone, and it is via VAYSIM/IVAO. I was once contacted by a military ATC asking if it was OK for me to be intercepted and escorted by two interceptors, I said yea and they did their manouvre. They had their TCAS system disengaged so I had no alerts, and everything was fun for everybody.

Did you see the Wings over the Web? There were two people that flew through the featured aerobatics shows. Which they of course found very funny, but the pilot and spectators less so. They were banned by Soeedy :winking_face_with_tongue:

A good lesson should have been learnt here, and a warning for other.

There are consequences for inappropriate, anti-social behavior, no matter how much “FUN” it may appear to be to those being intentionally disruptive.

I really don’t get this. If I want to fly by myself and try (somewhat) to stick to real world procedures, I turn off multiplayer and turn on live traffic. On the other hand, if I want to mess around, maybe learning a new aircraft with friends, or doing larger group flights, I turn off live traffic and turn on multiplayer.

Let’s be honest here. If you’re trying to be true to real life, why would you have multiplayer enabled? Enabling multiplayer is the very thing that contravenes with real world procedures.

And that’s one of the big things that changes the experience from a flight simulator to an airplane game. There’s nothing wrong with either. It’s just that those 2 play styles are incompatible with each other.

Good. Now if end users had the ability to “ignore” other players as well, that would also be a good feature.

Maybe so. But I still think multiplayer has a very important part to play on this platform.

I don’t disagree. But the whole multiplayer system wasn’t very well thought out. Much like Reno where an online, multiplayer competitive mode was released without any form of anti-cheat.

Isn’t,Ever learnt something called single player

Kids this is what we call OVERKILL..

Seriously,you seem like you need to disable multiplayer,or play vatsim

I turn on multiplayer ‘cause I like to see some life in the sim, especially on longer flights.

Don’t care what you guys do, I’m untouchable. I can ignore you and fly right through you if I’m so inclined.

All good…:+1::face_with_tongue:

Excellent suggestion .. how do you play vatsim ?

First,get your mindset better..F18s are still in vatsim! Escorts happen..

Then make a account using your irl name and age..i doubt your 13+

Take a exam

Download vpilot and learn how to speak with ATC @N6722C

Currently SimConnect doesn‘t give you „access“ to multiplayer aircraft. Only AI aircraft controlled by the sim itself (including „real world traffic“).

The irony with your post is that @N6722C is an actual real world pilot with more years of real world flying experience than most people in this thread have been alive.

Thank you – great Information – I should do that, provided my Mummy say I can …:slight_smile:

  1. Turn on multiplayer.
  2. Get annoyed that other players exist in multiplayer.
  3. Everyone elses fault I didnt just stick to offline/live traffic.

:roll_eyes:

SHUSH Crunchie .. you are spoiling the Monkey Illusion , and the amusement I get from those that just ASSUME , and don’t have a clue –

and I’m NOT that old .. just started young !!

Not that old at all. But I consider myself an “old guy” and you were taking your first flights when I was still learning to walk, so… lol

Oh, I did not realise that you were actually implementing such a mod yourself (re: my other post).

Do you mind sharing some high level details about how you get access to the list of multiplayer aircraft (AI objects, I suppose)? Is this over SimConnect, or some „in-game“ API?