Top Gun: Maverick carrier arresting cables no longer stop aircraft

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No, I am not using dev mode.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

I am not using any 3rd party add-ons or mods.

Brief description of the issue:

Prior to Sim Update 10, doing the Maverick Carrier Landing challenge I was able to stop on the carrier. The arresting cables were working normally. Now, upon landing, the arresting cables do not slow the aircraft down enough to stop successfully on the carrier.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Not relevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

No.

I gave it a quick whirl to see if I could duplicate the issue. It appears to work fine on my system. Since you don’t have any mods, I’m not sure what’s going on. Hope it works out.

Yes

I have 3rd party carrier and F18 mods installed, issue is in all scenarios, including Top Gun Carrier Recovery challenge. Wires slow the jet, but you run off the end if you go to Mil power, wires do not hold.

Same issue here. Wire cannot stop the F-18 on the deck.

2 Likes

I thought I was the only one who couldn’t land…

1 Like

I am having the same problem. Hit the deck. Doesn’t matter hard or soft landing. Problem started with most recent release. Prior to that, high “B” in score

Yes. I cannot land on the carrier via the Top Gun Landing Challenge. Says tailhook needs to be extended but it is.

Nothing additional to add. It was fine before SU10.

Hi, still haven’t solved this problem! Very frustrating! Prior to this high A in score.

I am also having this issue - I have made over 3 dozen attempts in my F4U Corsair and have never caught an arresting cable, even though I am putting the aircraft down right on top of first trap at stall speed and with visually confirmed hook down using external view. I am not even bouncing the Corsair over the cables! There is NO perceptible arrest and I have to go full power and go around for another try.

I am using Jaystrikes World Carrier mod, but had the same issue without the mod when I was trying to troubleshoot this.

1 Like

Yes, I can only land if I retard, don’t apply military thrust after touchdown, step on the brakes and even then the jet stops at the very end of the carrier´s deck.

Even maintaining perfect speed the arrest cable doesn’t slow down the jet in time, I’ve already visually confirmed that the cable is captured, it just doesn’t work.

Same issue here, just tried this 14 times in a row without a single successful landing. Hook raises itself at random, but even when lowered (and confirmed lowered from an external view) and landing perfectly on top of the cables, they never catch and slow the plane.

By the way, remember to upvote this not just reply, folks. 12 people have already commented saying they have this problem, but two-thirds of you never upvoted it.

How do I upvote it?

Scroll to the top of the thread and tap/click the blue Vote button to the left of the thread’s title.

You can go to the first post and click the “Vote” button.

However-you must get to Trust Level 1 to vote. (Read here: Trust Levels and How To Advance)

Thanks guys for pointing that out to me! This bug is really annoying as its been over a month.
Surely more people are having this problem? Just when I was getting close to maximum points

Here you can see example of carrier working properly:
youtu.be/ZSr7ppSupJg?t=110

This is my recording on version 1.27.21.0:
youtu.be/Agehd2lSnOs

The urls you provided for these 2 vids do not work. They are improperly encoded/formatted. I attempted to fix the syntax but could not get to either video.

No

Tried Landing a few different times, one of which at 233 KTS and the arresting cables worked fine.

yes, unless I aim for arrest cable 1 then the plane drags the cable and goes off the end of the aircraft carrier.

I previously had a B and I am working to get an A and keep rolling off the runway. Today I switched to outside view and watched the tail hook engage cable 3 and then stay engaged as the plane rolled off the carrier under MIL power.

This is on a Xbox Series X, observed the behavior on 11/14/22 and 11/15/22. Perhaps an update issue.