Top Mach Studios: Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor

Yep, you beat us to the punch! Thank you for doing my job for me - LOL
Just a few days away - mostly just admin items to do before going live.

2 Likes

I took a quick glance and saw a price and assumed it was available to purchase, oh well a few more days.

Yep, same thought here. We were hoping to get this up for the weekend, but we missed the cutoff. Early next week…

6 Likes

Awesome ! Can’t wait !

Jympin’ in the hype train here ! :grin: :sweat_smile:

I’ll be taking it from Just Flight as in MS Store there will be no weapons…
Just made another fun flight with the free version and really can’t wait to get my hands on the premium one !

I have one technical question though :
Will there be more keybindings available for HOTAS ?
In the free version, i have very few buttons binded on my warthog, hope I could bind lights (taxi/landing) and some other switches…

Keybindings - maybe one or two, but we haven’t spent time on this for specific custom cockpit functions. We may extend this capability with subsequent updates.

Landing and taxi lights are on a custom three way switch with some logic to shut off when the nosegear is raised. Standard keybindings for these lights cause some problems with the light staying on when it shouldn’t be at least according to a couple of our beta testers. It’s something we’ll look at for updates.

1 Like

Wilst I am excited for the impending payware release, I’m curious what improvements, if any, will be given to the freeware version. I wouldn’t really say that the free one in it’s current state would seem to be a reasonable “demo” of the payware version, given the massive amount of difference in fidelity seen in the images and video of the payware one vs the free one.

The freeware version will still be maintained. There is a current bug affecting the control lockup that I’m tracking(which should be fixed with the SU10 update). The freeware aircraft is still better than many payware aircraft on the market and is in-line with what we think freeware aircraft should offer. New features probably won’t be added to it, though. And you’re correct, the freeware and premium aircraft are two completely different projects. The premium was built from the ground up, so the freeware version is not a demo of premium. Hope that answers your questions.

3 Likes

Hello I made a comment on the flightsim.to website but I figure you may not see it. There is another bug and I am not sure if it is related to the control bug. When I first load in playing the games of loading into another aircraft first and then loading in with the F-22 everything works as intended. Control surfaces and the map on the MFD. But if I crash the plane and restart the flight or go into the main menu and come back the map will not load in the MFD. I just wanted to let you know. I am a website admin so I know how little things like that can be a lightbulb moment. I just started flying your freeware F-22 and Oh My Goodness. Nice job! Cant wait to fly the payware version.

I appreciate the reply. I will say that, to say the freeware one is better than some payware is a very subjective thing, and there are other freeware projects that much outshine the free F-22. No AB effect, no vapor effects, no engine heat blur, no pilot in the cockpit from the outside, that’s naming a few simple things. I’ll still be interested to see what your payware version offers, but it’s disappointing that the freeware one will not get any more, basic, features.

Oh one more thing to note which is where I kind of suspect your issue to be. Somehow the F-22 is state saving. So I swapped out MFD panels. The bottom one I have for engines and the right one for fuel. They stay that way. They do not go back even if I uninstall the plane and fly in the sim without it installed and then reinstall the plane the MFD’s stay swapped. All that coding is way above my head but that may be another nugget of help?

Thanks for the answer, looking forward to it :smiley:

As I fly mostly in VR, it’s very important for me (and i guess other VR users too) to have to grab the mouse and click the least time as possible while in flight… That’s why I’m binding every major key features I can on the hotas.
Mostly it goes like this :

• main battery/avionics
  • APU
  • Generators
  • engine starter(s)
  • landing gear
  • taxi/landing lights
  • flaps/spoilers
    AP toggle when possible, speed ref + alt ref + course/heading on throtle povs

Thanks to the team for your hard work :+1:

2 Likes

I know this is off topic, either way, I randomly saw this discussion and have experience… so I thought it would be criminal if I didn’t share.

I know the Freeware version is not suppose to “Demo” the Payware version, however, after your F-22 goes on sale and your team is making that long awaited revenue for your amazing work, you should consider it.

I don’t want to share any numbers because it’s kind of frowned upon in the developer community, but the Discus-2c Standard (Freeware) and Discus-2c Premium (Payware) is a perfect example of a Demo Project. We took the Premium version at the end, dumbed it down, simplified it, removed some features, and used that as the freeware base.

At the end of the day, we have recieved a SIGNIFICANT amount of sales for this on the Premium version. So even if your team isn’t planning on doing a demo version, I thought I would at least share our success story. That way if you consider it, you’ll be aware that it helps sell your aircraft instead of the opposite.

Take care! Looking to fly the F-22 soon!

Jonx (Got Friends)

5 Likes

Hi Jonx! Thanks for that useful suggestion. We’ll definitely consider it.

Sound advice there. Definitely worth the effort if you can present it in the right way.

exactly . at least for the cold start and taxi . this is a perfect example . with a bit of amplification could be very nice

IT’S ALIVE!!!

Raptor is released!

7 Likes

Installing now. Busy workday. Can’t wait to get some time with it later.

is this addon also going to be released on simMarket?

1 Like