Top Mach Studios: Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor

Got it working… weird stuff… now working after shutdown and restart of windows…

Waiting on payday, what liveries are included?

Hmmm I do not have a Microsoft Flight Simulator folder in my User>AppData>Roaming folder. I have the MS store version if that makes a difference.

Your hint actually helps. But only for the F-22.

After that, no other aircraft will have their control surfaces working. At least you can then fly the F-22 without any problems.

This simulator is and remains a tragedy. I really feel sorry for the third party developers.

Can anyone confirm this bug? With so many installing it already I would expect lots of reports

There will be more reports.
As long as you just fly around with the F-22, you’re fine.
The trouble starts when you want to switch to another plane afterwards.

Not really a problem. In fact, it’s more fun than anything else anyway :wink:

After several flights with all oddities worked out, this is one of the best military aircraft in Flight Simulator. It just works.

2 Likes

Hi @mdapol! Thanks for jumping in. Wish it were that simple. It seems to come up for some customers right away and others not at all. Even in beta testing we had the hardest time getting the problem to come up. Had to really mess with the sim to force the problem. The SU10 testers never saw it. It’s a very weird bug.

I’ve had no end to the troubles with the buttons on the PFD in the sim config screen. The softkeys simply don’t respond when pressed to deactivate the chocks, ground covers, and ladder. I have to restart with the permanent status changed to turn everything off. If I start with chocks only, I can eventually get them to go away, but it’s incredibly difficult and requires a lot of repeated button presses. No issues at all with any other buttons on any of the displays – it’s solely in the sim config screen.

[Edit: the manual doesn’t specify whether there is a specific order in which the buttons have to be pressed, other than the ground items needing to be turned off for the engines to start – are there conditions for the aircraft that need to be met for those buttons to be responsive? i.e. battery off, or battery on, or something else?]

Beyond that though – very, very nice job with this, guys! It’s really hard for me to land this baby – either I come in way too hot, or stall out because I bled too much speed… It appears that you really need to pay attention to how tight your g-turn is when doing your military patterns - too sharp, and you’ll drift the tail and over-bleed the speed as the aerodynamics get more spin-like. My first time out, I jammed hard in that turn – which the Raptor gladly jumped at – and all of a sudden I’m at 70 knots and falling out of the sky like a flapjack. So this passes my realism test, which is “am I terrible at flying this?” :slight_smile:

But the speed… it’s almost effortless. You don’t need the burner to take off at all – I think the manual mentions that – but if you DO fire it up… good gravy, does this plane move. 0-takeoff in like 7 seconds. Just a fantastic plane. Another standout for the military jet collection.

I’ve had this bug a couple times last week with freeware version of the F22. Always after crashing the plane, had to restart computer to get rid of the bug cause it was affecting all other planes as well.
Not encountered this since I installed the premium version so far though.
I tested it with the FSUIPC 7 console open an logging input events. I could see that while inputs were working fine in command options panel in the sim, the console wasn’t registering any imputs from the stick (pitch/yaw/roll) during the bug.
I finally unsinstalled FSUIPC and never saw the bug again after that…
I don’t say it’s related to FSUIPC (i know bugs can be really hard to track down) but maybe there could be a hint in this…

Hello there, at first congrats on release, it is phenomenal and it could do things like no other aircraft in sim.

But two things :

1. in default camera (pilot) , buttons above the pmfd (central one) are not visible (clickable) they are blocked/hidden by ICP , I understand that this is probably same in real aircraft, but it makes some settings tedious …,so maybe you could move the usable buttons from above to side

2. I also encountered problems with nonfunctioning inputs from joystick after flight restart (probably wasm module was not loaded correctly) , but I also forgot to uninstall freeware version, and also delete cache of it , so I will test further if deletion helps.

and maybe a little hint/request ?
Could you try include AA radar ? Like touchingcloud F-18SW has ?

I did couple of test flights, then switched to another aircraft and no problems. Before that, I deleted freeware version folder in Appdata and also unlinked and deleted it from community folder.
I think devs did great job, one of the best jet fighter/trainer in MSFS so far, I would say similar or slightly above F-35 (sorry, Hawk is just unbeatable:-D)

1 Like

My cc was confirmed. I put a ticket into JF. Is JF the only place to purchase atm?

Not sure where you are or where Just Flight bills from but sometimes I have seen people have issues trying to use their CC outside of their own country. Sometimes you just have to tell the bank so they can approve it. Its supposed to protect against fraud.

Is there any way to get the ADI (I think that is what it is called) back in that primary center screen? I had to use that to tell my speed and altitude. You know how hard it is to see a HUD? I wish they stood out better but the sky always washes them out. The freeware version had an awesome screen there and apparently its not even an option to put there in the premium version. The only thing aside from the hud that I can find to tell speed is that tiny screen on the right. You know the one you cannot see cause its obscured by the panel? Plane flies amazing but almost seems like it floats if you get it to 0 airspeed. Yet in other situations, it drops like a rock. Ill have to make a video on what I am talking about.

I’m waiting on JF to tell me why their system is telling me it can’t process my payment. I understand what you are saying, but I am a repeat customer and do not recall having this issue buying product from them before. Same cc as I used on other aircraft from their site.

2 Likes

Thats likely not the issue then. Heck I thought I would pop in for a quick flight. I figured from boot everything would load ok. Nope. No screens and control surfaces wont move. You may actually be lucky. This is one bug that should have been fixed before release. Insane.

I’m sure you’re frustrated but as Dak has said numerous times, they didn’t have this problem with the beta. Shoot happens, I’m sure they’ll get it resolved soon.

1 Like

I watched as people reported this problem and remained ignored for some time on it. It took people getting “testy” with them to even get it addressed. They knew about it and went ahead with release. Anyone in software will tell you that is a bad move. And especially not a smart one for your first release. I am sure they will get it sorted. But it sure doesnt look good. Other developers will remove questionable coding and work on it in the background and release those features at a certain date. For instance the F-35. Frustrated? Nah not really. I just do not have unlimited time to use flight sim and when you have to spend 45 minutes playing games before you can fly it takes 100% of the fun out of it.

It’s funny that you are comparing it with F-35, which they released and heap of people reported CTD after few minutes of flight, including me, and blaming users and their machines. I was finally able to fly it when they removed their questionable HMD implementation. But I guess back to F-22 topic.