Top Mach Studios: Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor

Yes, i restarted the sim many times because i wasnt sure what the problem is.

If you have the patience for some quick troubleshooting? Did you alternately try using the No-FBW model included after a fresh game start? Did that work?
And one other question that could help, did you attempt to load the airplane with or without dev mode enabled?

Beyond that, please reach out to justflight and they’ll start a ticket for your issue. We don’t want to disappoint you with a plane that doesn’t work for you.

1 Like

Usually, that might or not be the case MODs can interefere. So its not a matter of deleting and reinstalling the F-22. I had problems in the past with mods interefering on new planes and took some time to find out.
Never call a new plane broken for problems that might be with your community folder / computer.

cheers

1 Like

The non-fbw version is working and i never use the dev mode.

1 Like

We use wasm modules to wrap the C++ coding for avionics and flight controls. This is encouraged and supported by Asobo (the volocity uses wasm) and truly the only way we can generate the performance and functionality needed for the plane to fly the way it does. However, with SU9, there was introduced an issue that can occur wherein the game overloads the wasm gauges and causes this problem. It is resolved in SU10 beta - presumably because Asobo realized the problem and fixed it. It is hard to replicate and even harder to do anything about because it seems to be behind the Asobo code wall and not on our side. If anyone sees this problem they should report it to justflight and then justflight and we will work to address it for them as we don’t want this to ruin their enjoyment of the model.

2 Likes

Thank you - at least the No-FBW version is working for now. It’s unfortunate that the standard model is crashing out for you like that. Take a look at my other post on the topic. We’ll try to do what we can to make it right for you.

thanks for the clarification, we are on day 1 launch - that´s totally fine.
thats what updates are for, specially with SU10 coming in a month.

Might get this later today… i tried to resist. :wink:

Now is great! Or later if you have to wait. We’ll be happy to have you as a customer either way!

1 Like

Im a sucker for well designed airplanes / textures / systems and this seems to have it ALL!

Going for it :wink:

1 Like

Exactly the same problem here :frowning:

Sorry for your trouble. Same response and recommendations. Hope this can get sorted for you soon.

I had some issues at the beginning and did some troubleshooting. I deleted the freeware version in my community folder but none of the functions and buttons worked in the premium. I found that there is another folder produced in the packages folder that goes along with the freeware version. (Two different, folders, two different locations)
Deleted the folder as well in packages and then my plane works and is amazing! Just thought I’d give a heads up to the people having issues.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know. Might be it.

Others with the problem had the freeware?

@Dakfly0219 Just stopping by to say that your product is amazing. Kudos to the team for bringing such an excellent rendition of the aircraft to the sim. Took it for a spin around the Mach Loop today and it performed beautifully. From the feel of the aircraft, the speed and acceleration, the auto-trim abilities to literally just point the nose and have the aircraft stay where it was left, all are amazingly well done. The systems, textures, animations are all extremely well done. The Raptor is right up there with the best of the best add-ons, and hands down is the BEST military aircraft for the sim. If this is version 1, following updates can only get better. Thanks again to you and the entire team for bringing us a PHENOMENAL aircraft.

1 Like

I had the same issue, switching over to the beta fixed it for me. I don’t think it has anything to do with the freeware model. I had deleted my entire community folder and reinstalling the F-22 and it still didnt work.

Aside from the minor hiccups congrats on the release! Been patiently waiting for this for a long time and couldnt be happier

Is the A/T working? I press the A/T and cannot get an “A” … and I put in a SPD with no luck. I am sure that I am doing it wrong. Can someone explain. Same with Altitude…

Hi, poor Xbox cousin here - is this lovely looking thing heading to our consoles too?
I am guessing that WASM may be a hurdle?

Hello! The plane have a pop out display option (like PMDG etc…) for who use few monitors? :slight_smile:

Where exactly was that second folder? I cannot find anything but not positive where to look.

User>AppData>Roaming>Microsoft Flight Simulator>Packages>topmachstudios-f22a-raptor
There will be a freeware and a premium. Delete the freeware. Then go into your community folder and make sure the freeware version is deleted in there too.