Touch Screen issues with Pop out Panels

Hey, I’m wondering if anyone else is having issues with their touch screen displays and pop out panels. Specifically with the Garmin G3X Touch. I’m able to pop out the panel and move it over to my 11" touch display, but the touch controls don’t work. Touch works with all other applications I throw at it, it even works in the FS2020 main window, but not on the pop-out panels.

4 Likes

I would submit a ticket to Zendesk

Thanks, I just submitted one. Just checking if anyone else with a touch screen is having the same issue or maybe it’s specific to my piece of hardware.

Hey guys, I was able to find a workaround to this issue.
Open the NavSystemTouch.js and modify the event listener. The current event listener tracks “mouseup” which isn’t very good for touch services. You need to change it to “mousedown”, other events work too, but in my experience this one has the best results. You still need to double tap instead of single tap, but that’s an issue with lots of “games” and touch screens:

_button.addEventListener(“mousedown”, this.onButtonPressed.bind(this, _callback));

8 Likes

Hi, how do you think is It any chance to treat doubletouch?

Sorry, I don’t understand the question.

Virtuoso, would you have a YouTube video or procedure list for someone who wants to get started on having some touchscreen peripheral stuff? FWIW, I’m an android user not iPhone

I also have a touch screen for pop out panels and have the same issue. The touch panel shows up as an unrecognized control in MSFS so it doesn’t know what to do with the input. We need a way to tell MSFS to ignore a controller. I also filed a bug report.

Also, I did what Virtuoso did but now I have to literally swipe down on each selection? Why couldn’t they just have this work lol

1 Like

Thank you, this worked wonders, I was just about to dig into the files myself to see if I could fix it but you saved me the effort.

They are really doing some weird stuff with touch, I hope that they fix it at some point, the double tap is kinda annoying.

2 Likes

Touch definitely needs some love. I just ordered a touch monitor and I’m a bit bummed to read your posts. Even with the work around (which is appreciated) it feels not ideal. Hope Asobo gives us a proper touch implementation.

1 Like

Hope I’m not wrong,

only idea, on Win you can set also under system use of one click not double click feature. I don’t know where it can be now set but it also change Win functionality of course, one click will be enough to start App with Icon f.ex. Maybe this is solution.

Unfortunately I had tried that, among every other windows setting, you are on the right track though, ultimately the issue is a conflict between the way that windows in handling touch and passing that input on to the application. Leaving it up to the application to implement touch properly, unfortunately it seems the javascript libraries that they are using do not support the touch events (same goes for IE), in my bug report that I submitted to them I outlined this and linked them to the proper touchevents they should be using to ensure global compatibility.
https://www.w3.org/TR/touch-events/#list-of-touchevent-types

1 Like

Hi, where is that .js file located?

Type that systemnav file name into search of the drive it’s on. Should be only one that comes up. Right click and edit with notepad. That’s what I did.

1 Like

…\Packages\Official…\asobo-vcockpits-instruments-navsystems\html_ui\Pages\VCockpit\Instruments\NavSystems\Shared\NavSystemTouch.js

It’s a good idea to make a backup before editing in case you accidentally break something, also keep in mind you will have to reapply this “fix” every time they release an update.

Also note that this will likely break the scrolling that they just implemented in the latest patch, although I haven’t tested it. Personally for myself I think I’m just going to put up with it until they officially fix it.

It doesn’t look like this fix is working any longer. Is there any other way to get the touch working on the second screen?

It would appear that this indeed doesn’t work. Sort of…

If you double tap on your touch screen - anywhere - it will “click” wherever your mouse pointer is, regardless what screen it’s on. It registers the touch as being a mouse button click, but doesn’t register the position where it’s been touched.

So in a practical sense, it’s useless.

I was so close to a mouse-free TBM cockpit…

1 Like

I too am plagued by this. I guess I can at least use navigraph on the screen I just bought. :unamused:

Has anyone had any luck with Air Manager? I’ve been using their beta panels for a while… not as pretty as the sim’s panels, but running on a touch screen with a knobster attached is kind of nice. I’d like to see a G1000 option, but I guess thats some time off. Which is ok, I gotta get better at flying with steam gauges anyways!