Track IR Stops Working

How does that work in your case? If I use this toggle, the view still reset to center view. What I would like to have it do pause head tracking temporarily (typically to operate a small knob or dial). If I pause TrackIR (using the TrackIR driver), the view is centered, same thing if I use the MSFS toggle to disable TrackIR.

The only alternative that works for me is:

• Create a new profile in TrackIR software, call it Zero, set sensitivities to zero. I.e. in this profile your head is being tracked, but MSFS is being told your head does not move.
  • Bind a key to this profile in the TrackIR software.
  • Bind a different key to the MSFS profile you have in the TrackIR software.

This works, but you need two key binds in stead of one. Also, it requires knowing your way around the TrackIR software.

1 Like

To me this is on the same level as “Hey we know your joystick or your expensives VR headset will not work anymore, but we are going to dump this update on you anyway sucker”.

3 Likes

That is strange, I have no such default binding in MSFS. Also TrackIR is enabled by default when I start the sim. For me, pausing TrackIR using the TrackIR shortcut (F9 in your case) always leads to disabling TrackIR in the sim. Do you trap the shortcut in the TrackIR driver?

I mean the following setting:
afbeelding

I have never heard of this CNTRL F12 thing. MSFS will not recognise TrackIR if it is not started before running the sim, and if you close and restart the TrackIR app while using the sim it will not be recognised by MSFS, you have to close the sim and start over.

Thank you @DKFlightNut. Best workaround yet for me!!!

EDIT: But obviously still needs fixing as soon as possible.

Thanks for good tip.
It’s a perfect for me.

Hi, yes all three boxes are check marked including “Trap”.

Also after further testing I noticed that yes, if I pause and then move around enough MSFS “resets” and turns off TrackIR. I had not initially noticed because I have a “dead zone” where I have to move a little bit more, so did not notice this right away.

But, pressing F9 to unpause then CNTRL+F12 will bring TrackIR back up.

hahahah … so easy and I didn´t get the idea to take a look there !!! THANX a lot !!! Is working for me … hopefully more than 2 minutes …

greets

Exactly Same issue here.

Same here. Hope HOT-FIX very soon …

1 Like

Always been that way even before update, at least for me…

Sorry to hear you have the same problem, but at least the problem is easily reproducible (trying to look on the bright side of things here).

Same. When TrackIR loses connection to the reflectors (left LED goes off) it takes about 3 seconds. Then the SIM recenters the view and switches Track IR off.

When I go into the View Menu, I can switch it on again and it starts working again.

I tried to connect a button to “Toggle head Tracking”. That seems to be the best workaround. When TrackIR stops, I push the button and it works again.

Not good. But better than “no TrackIR”

Yes that is correct. It has always been like that. I do not know where this CTRL F12 idea comes from but it does not do what is claimed.

It happens frequently not sometime, garanted to happen sometime in the flight

Another TrackIR user here, not happy about this new behaviour.

Hope this will be fixed soon.

2 Likes

The pause button also causes the view to be centered and the display does not stay on the selected view. Therefore, this function can no longer be used to block the display in order to make an adjustment in the cockpit. Very boring …
In fact many people use the pause button for the time of checking a gauge or making an adjustment in the cockpit.

3 Likes

I would like to chime in and add that I have the same issue. Randomly stop working even if TrackIR Software still register all of the movements.

same problem here!

It’s not just marketplace items and Microsoft’s cut. Seriously, I find the sim mostly unflyable now so no need to buy anything new as I will not be flying. I tell the devs the same thing so they might also say something to Asobo. For instance, on the Aerosoft forums I mentioned exactly this and will not buy anything until TIR is fixed. Been anxiously waiting for the Twin Otter and if it releases while TIR isn’t functioning properly, I will not purchase. Like I said, I’m talking with my wallet.

1 Like