TU-134 by KAI 31

It’s been talked about in this forum, but didnt seem to have a thread assigned to it. So here we go.

Pics:

He’s streaming rn and it looks REALLY good in terms of systems depth and internal systems so far.

Here’s his website: https://kai31website.wixsite.com/tupolenok?lang=en
Here’s his youtube channel: KAI 31 - YouTube

13 Likes

Very exciting - always good to see an airliner that is a bit more unique rather than the usual

7 Likes

Nice! Well, I just bought the P3D 5.1 version. Just installed it and about to investigate. :wink:

2 Likes

Ooh nice. Yeah let us know how it is.

1 Like

I will post some screenshots in a bit. This thing needs a bunch of work. But it’s also SUPER challenging to figure out. Everything is in Russian (which is my native language that I speak fluently), but it’s horrible if everything you know about aircraft is in English and the acronyms for everything don’t make any sense. It may as well be in Hindi. The only thing I have managed to power up so far is a fan that blows on your face. :wink: Gonna watch some YouTube to figure this out. It doesn’t really come with any manuals. $42 is quite a bit for the package as it stands right now.

4 Likes

So, mind you, these are P3D shots. I STILL can’t figure out how to start the APU. This is gonna be a project for another day.

1 Like

Music to my ears. Maybe I’m just a masochist, but the harder/weirder the systems the more I enjoy operating them.

That being said, these videos could help:

Hahaha! I will give this a shot! If you are a masochist and own P3D, I HIGHLY recommend Captain Sim’s Lockheed Martin L-1011 TriStar… THAT one has an ancient IRS navigation system where your waypoints are programmed by entering geographical coordinates of them. :wink:

I STILL don’t know what navigation system TU-134 uses. That autopilot looks wicked difficult too. Reminds me of the old Sperry Gyropilots on stuff like the Lockheed Constellation and Boeing 314 Clipper (both of which I own on P3D)…

I am just SO out of my league on anything that doesn’t have an FMC/MCDU system to program. Those things are daunting to me! To think of the pain all these pilots went through just to get from one place to another… Man…

I have a feeling the TU-134 uses VOR to VOR navigation. Like I said, I haven’t really looked much into what it takes to fly this thing. I DID get it in the air by using Ctrl-E to start the engines…

1 Like

This everything is in Russian thing somehow reminds me of some Hollywood movies where a mysterious crew get into a Russian sub or airplane and instantly handles it perfectly to escape, on that degree of complexity I bet it will only be a quicker way to die

4 Likes

You may take some more info in English from these files :

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/FK_aClhKY8KJXA

As a native Russian speaker you are definitely able to find much more info about that plane.

The best video how to start the plane is my my opinion is the following one (unfortunately, only in Russian) :

Have nice flights !

3 Likes

If you are interested and you can understand the Russian language, we can contact you personally and I will help you in everything related to the Tu-134. I always personally help users, and not only Russian speakers, I even had to communicate with users in Chinese using the Googl translator …
There is documentation in English in the VKontakte group Tupolev Tu-134. | VK
оr
Redirecting...
OR
Prepar3D [ P3D ] | Tu 134 | Tutorial | on English | Flight with RSBN | virtual CREW and navigator - YouTube
Or use an online translator, which is okay, because many people have their own language and many have to translate from English.
Thank you for your interest in my work, models and reviews.

6 Likes

Thank you! I will contact you if I have any questions after watching the tutorials! Nice to see you on here! And yes, I do speak fluent Russian (lived my first 15 years in Leningrad/St. Petersburg)!

2 Likes

Write to me in any case, I am always glad to talk with those interested in my work and Tu-134, as well as I can tell a lot and share experience and knowledge that are not in the videos and manuals.

1 Like

Will do! Thank you, Alexei!

Cant wait for this beauty. Its probably going to be challenging aircraft to learn but thats where the fun is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t speak or read a lick of Russian so this is probably not the aircraft for me, but it looks beautiful for a complex aircraft that’s a little different! Have fun with it!! :wink:

1 Like

Alexei, one thing - every tutorial I watched uses the 2D panel to turn on the Akkumulator 1 and 2. I can’t find those switches in the virtual cockpit - I spent 30 mins looking for them everywhere. Where are they located??? :wink:

Where is this? Left, right, above, below, by APU panel? Can’t find the panel. :joy:

This ‘Electric Panel’ is in the navigator’s ‘den’.

1 Like