[Tutorial] How to get airliners traffic closer to reality with real liveries

That’s a pity. Maybe you could distribute it on Github instead?

It was all going well until SU5, and then got messed up along with Global AI Ships.
Makes me wonder if this was something deliberate by Masobo San.

I can understand independent devs giving up in despair.
All aspects of AI are a mess in MSFS.

2 Likes

That is really pity! Is it possible to remove these liveries and just rely on Ivao ones?

1 Like

No i dont will upload on Github, otherwise it would be hacking.

Yes i can remove the liveries but i dont know if list is exhaustive and i have only 48H to make the fix.

1 Like

There was another mod that was dependent on yours called Global AI Traffic - Offline , that was also removed from flightsim.to, apparently due to AIG. That really sucks.

Even the AI traffic mod that Aerosoft was about to publish just got cancelled because of what SU5 changed

There’s only one who does this every time, thinking that any and all AI add-ons must surely be their “property”. I guess their mode of operation didn’t work with Aerosoft!

3 Likes

is funny that from the time MSFS announced a joint work with certain groups all mods including the project of Aerosoft are hindered coincidence ?

2 Likes

even the mods by the groups woking with MS are no longer working…

Nonsense. Free ≠ open source. You can’t just edit/use and reupload someones intellectual property. That’s like downloading a movie for free and reuploding it. Stop lecturing about law if you don’t know it.

2 Likes

Gosh, when does this common nonsense stop… Freeware is not equal to free distribution, get some knowledge on law first before posting such rubbish

Well, using freeware for you personally is one thing but re-uploading it as part of another product is a different story.

I am honestly seeing this as big loss. I understand that freeware doesn’t mean distribute but, I would have wished freeware developers will find a solution that bring the community forward instead of acting “me me take it down it is mine”. In my opinion, this attitude is hurting freeware landscape and encourages even more piracy.

5 Likes

AIG had no other option, cause it has a contract/agreement with the data provider for those flightplans.

No, you can’t accuse AIG because it is a request for a repaint. The flightsim.to team say to me just need to remove the paint and after the mod will republished.

Agree with you.

On the opposite end of the spectrum there is the WT Simulations who offer not repaints but their in-house developed and highly rated Auto Pilot and Flight Management Systems free to be used by anyone. And some developers have taken advantage of this and even developed a pay-ware aircraft. Now that’s community development.

3 Likes

It is not like that at all.

If I sit an artistic painting that I painted in my driveway and put a sign on it that read “Free” on it and someone picks it up, I shouldn’t get all mad because that person gives it to someone else.

1 Like

very poor example.
In your example the ownership is transfered for free.

But with freeware, it is only free to consume. It is not trasnsferring ownership.

Like an art piece on public display.
you can look at it for free, but you are not allowed to take it away and give it to someone else.

OK. Whatever you say. It don’t matter anyway. Let them keep acting in that manner. It just makes them look petty to some of us.

I agree with you there.

but unfortunately it is legally correct and flightsim.to has no other choice than remove a file when someone his claiming his copyrights.
I’d still wish, they wouldnt have claimes the copyrights there, as there was no financial loss and the origin of files was mentioned anyway…

I lay no blame on Flightsim.to at all.

AIG should either get out of the way or make something. Don’t hamper the community with their petty, childish “It is my ball, and you can’t play with it” attitude.

Why even create the stuff in the first place, if not to better the communities FS experience? To that end, let their stuff be included in another’s project. It is to the same goal for goodness sake.

At this point, I wouldn’t even use an AIG product.

1 Like