UI broken and reset user settings - Gaming Services update

I actually wonder how many simmers were even aware of the problem/fix and spent hours trying to sort it. Not everyone uses or even knows about this forum.

2 Likes

An update has appeared for Gaming Services, let’s see what this does.

For people who cannot find it, on the top-right corner click on the three dots and head down to My Library. Click on ‘Installed’ and it should be sitting there.

1 Like

well, sorry, but if you use flighsims, visiting forums is a must to keep uptodate with
bugs , addons , etc

1 Like

Hello, I’m glad to see to the issue is solved thanks to the latest Gaming Services update.

What if not installed?
The better way is to click > downloads and updates :wink:

It is definitely true that not having to re-do settings seems to be corrected with the gaming services update.

Alas, some in game stats have been lost and/ or reset. (More information In-Game Achievements Progress and Pilot Profile Got Reset After the Gaming Services Issue)

I have just updated my own zendesk ticket to advise of the issue.

3 Likes

i’m getting an error thrown on this line:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>
C:\WINDOWS\system32>sc config CscService start= demand
[SC] OpenService FAILED 1060:

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

any idea why?

your workaround worked great on getting me out of watching the UI screens for a couple days. thanks in advance

Run the command prompt as administrator (CMD)

Copy the command below, paste into CMD

REG ADD “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CscService” /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 00000003 /f

press Enter

Close the command window and restart the computer.

1 Like

My update stuck too. I rebooted my system and found it was installed.

thanks you MUCHO!!!

good ppl in the sim community are a huge part of what makes this an amazing hobby!

1 Like

This morning I noticed the Gaming Service has been updated back to the previous version 2.50.5005.0
I was expecting version 2.50.20001.0?
I also noticed that it installed the Nvidia Control Panel which now no longer works message not compatible with display driver? So the Control Panel no longer works.
It looks like Microsoft has multiple versions that they are downloading to different computers?
This is a mess. I am thinking to restoring from my backup?

Exactly the some here!

Hey Guys,

the problem should be fixed now, everything works fine now!.

1 Like

My ticket has finally been updated with normal steps to update GS, obviously nearly a day after I did it myself. No mention of how the ticket being categorised as a “bug” has transmuted into a software update to fix a …errrr software update.

I’ve clearly, but politely let them know how frustrating this avoidable incident has been, and whilst it may not go down well, pointed out that there appear to be fundamental issues with Change and Release Management. Industry standard processes designed to avoid this sort of mishap, in my view, are not being adhered to. It’s more damning as the way it manifested itself in MSFS 2020 would not have even required extensive testing - given it happens immediately post launch…just like the last time GS update broke things.

For this post to be useful, you need to tell us how to ensure we have ‘the fix’ properly installed.

i´ve noticed that also.
But i ignored it.
Logged out from ms-store and xbox app…reboot pc, nomore GS udate!

for now, i dont look again inside the ms-store, until that all get fixed, or windows get an major update!
my mfs works fine now!

I still have all the problems with all the screens when I start the simulator…

Not being computer savvy I am still not sure what to do :man_shrugging:

Do I go to the Xbox something or what?

1 Update windows and restart the computer.
2 run microsoft store app
3 update gaming services app

Run microsoft store app not website :wink:

obraz

Got it.
Installation seems stuck around 90%…

Thanks for your help!

1 Like