[UIMOD] I want to introduce my mods to you

Looks really great, all of the changes!
I will check if it is compatible with my small nameplates mod since I personally like the readability of my latest version.
My mod just chaged the CSS, so I guess it should not interfere with the JS files anyhow.

I noticed that as well. The typos are just in the UnitTest so itā€™s not an issue for the real code but gives an idea of how the testers/devs work if they spell ā€œplaneā€ three times differently :roll_eyes:

The code that provides the data for display simply creates all data that is available, so there is no ā€œfilterā€ and thus no way to add more data without access to the base game.

Having distance could even add the possibility to make distance-depending opacity, so that further away aircraft are labeled with more transparency allowing for visual hint of close and far aircraft.
Also the z-index could be used to show closer aircraftā€™s labels on top of the further away.
I already have tried everything and had many ideas but for the time being there is simply no way to do that.
The sim randomly even omits the details like altitude where I did not find any consistent reason of when the data is provided and when itā€™s not.

If you could separate the nameplate css (look) and the js (toggle feature), i could provide a pull request for my version as alternative for people to choose the look. Many preferred the green one from mine so I stuck with that for the new version.
Let me know if youā€™re interested in adding that to your github so people have one source for these. Otherwise Iā€™ll see how I can make my ā€œlookā€ be made compatible with your toggle mod (probably by changing the load order).

I not find any problem with integration of your nameplates. Just add .js file and add them to layout.json

I donā€™t want to have the js file in the mod that is only for the looks. The less files you modify with a mod the less the probability of it breaking with an upcoming game patch (youā€™ll have to merge the changes of JS files with your version).

So splitting js and css changes helps making different looks without maintaining multiple locations of js overrides :slight_smile:

This already separated. You can just use js from my mod

Agree. Then use my mod, but remove css file.

My though was to have an out of the box solution which does not require manual modifications but offers the choice for users.
Iā€™ll check then to make my mod work with yours without the need of manual changes for the users that want my look but also your toggle feature :slight_smile:

Thank you for these mods !

Is there a reason why you didnā€™t implement a switch ON/OFF for [uimod]-mugz-tinypoi ?

I did not implement it because I did not see the point in toggling on the fly. Well, again, i need buttons to disable.

Ah ok. For my usage, I may love to discover a location I didnā€™t expect (ā€œoh ? itā€™s here ?ā€) but may want - as for IA plane label - to disable them for a screenshot, for example.

Maybe with key modifiers you could avoid collision with other mappings.
For instance, Ctrl+Shift+1 for one of the features, Ctrl+Shift+2 for another and so on. If thereā€™s no toggle option, maybe enable with additionally pressing Alt and disable without Alt.

Great mods. But the tinyplates one donā€™t works for me.

Multiply keys not work in script. And i donā€™t understand why.

So I checked, youā€™re using [ as the first letter of your default folder name which makes it almost impossible for other mods to load after yours.

I added a note to my mod that it is not compatible with yours and will not follow any support for both installed. If you decide to split up the function and the look of the nameplates, let me know and I can revisit that one.

You can just create another mod with one js file. Or integrate in your mod or just remove css from my mod.

I know the existing options, but none of them works for me or the users of my version of the nameplates without manual effort on every update or me maintaining your changes in my mod (which really is only to change the look).

If thereā€™s no way for plug&play without conflicts of two mods people will have to decide which one to use.

Thx, super nice mods.
Is there a posibility to make the external UI a little smaller?
Hiding is super usefull, but smaller would be epic.
Keep up the good work. :slight_smile:

This is just what I was hoping for thanks v much!

hi love your modsā€¦ but how do I change the color of the nameplates?

Open IGM_AirTraffic.css in Notepad++ and change whatever you want. Text color by default is white