UK simmers where you at?!

Hi guys. Down on the south coast here. Generally flying out of a tiny little private strip called Spilstead Farm (EGJT). It’s about 10mins from my house and frankly I can’t believe it’s in the sim - it’s barely open most of the time!
Closest larger airports are Shoreham - EGKA and Lydd - EGMD.
Still finding my feet with this sim and the lack of VR - I just can’t get used to playing on a monitor again after VR flying for the last couple of years. Don’t fly anywhere near as much as I’d like to due to real life getting in the way but feel free to add me (same gamertag) and maybe I’ll see you the the virtual skies :slight_smile:

Wow - didn’t know that Filton was bulldozed - what a pity with it being such a historic place.

im up for that, i’m from Doncaster so im always flying around there

Do you fly out of Finningley? If so might see on the tarmac!

I didn’t see that your reply was to me!!! Sweet. Deffo see you on the tarmac!

I’m up in Haworth

Hi everyone, from Lichfield, add me in Flyertuck92,
Having issues with latest update at moment, but its been a blast up to now.

ah yes the far side of the great wall of halifax road … what an epic building that is , 1.5 years so far is it in building :grin: im yet to find a discord we all fly on for groups etc but see you around

i would be up for a get together, iam new to flight sims, this is my first one… so you will need to go steady on me.

from sheffield and new to flight sims…

I must fire up discord again & hope to ‘meet’ you ppl on it - I live here (taken from X-plane with GB Pro and ortho-scenery tiles.) North Queensferry fom X-Plane|690x388 because the bridges are missing)
I still use XP at times for central Scotland because of that (I hope they make custom ones some time) and also a far better 3rd party Leuchars. But I have found Aberdeen city and Dyce to be really good as are other northern ones - must try islands next.

1 Like

Hi Wheeliemonsta,

Good to hear from you. I have been in to Spilstead Farm in the sim too. I live near Gatwick but I am working my way around all these little strips, even the ones not in the World Map but are on the Bing maps “underlay”, visible as mown grass. Other strips in the area include Deanland, Kittyhawk, Ranksborough-Lewes. Currently working my way around East Anglian strips. All in the Savage Cub. Maybe see you online.

Vince aka MAC40612.

Thanks Vince!
I knew of Deanland, but not the others. Beautiful views of the South Downs around Deanland - been flying from there in X-Plane (but not since MSFS released :joy:)
Enjoy…

Lol you’ll be just fine!!!

Hi I am in Hull near Hessle hoping we will get a decent representation of the Humber bridge sometime. Flying GA mainly at the moment just wish I had a bit more time to fly!!

Anybody on Discord or TS3 and if so how do I find you 9and add you to friends)

1 Like

Hi anyone
I’ve just started a server on on Discord for those of us who would like a place to chat with others in this group- rogers flyer https://discord.gg/wGEdGaP

Its still in the building stage so if anyone has ideas or help please let me know as its a bit of a learning curve

I try to be flying most days GA, bush trips, small airfields (even the odd golf coarse) need a challenge to help keep the old grey matter going

Roger

2 Likes

Hi Wheeliemonsta,

The Lewes one is called Swanborough Farm, on the west side of the River Ouse south of the town. I got the name wrong. It is on the World Map in MSFS 2020.

Vince MAC40612.

1 Like

We should all just join Rogers flyer discord? We’re all from the UK, just makes sense no?

I’m from bromley, Kent, nearest airfield is biggin hill.

3 Likes

Hi I new but fly out of EGCB Barton. Still on the very step leaning curve.

EGNS - Isle of Man!

A little offtopic: LazyJet is an OnAir virtual airline operating UK <> Italy. Feel free to join (I’m just a regular member): https://discord.gg/nm8Rvm9