UK simmers where you at?!

Hey all!

I’m new to flight sims but when I saw this on game pass I had to give it a try and I’m hooked!

I’m still learning the ropes, mainly flying around the cambridge and london area.

If you fancy chatting to other UK simmers you can finds them on Discord https://discord.gg/a2YMUH

My home airport is also EGNV, many a flight from EGNV up to EGNT on both FSX and now MFS2020.

1 Like

Nice, just this second departed EGNV to EHAM! On fs2020 most evenings around that area in the A320Neo :+1::+1:

1 Like

My local airport is Blackbushe in Berkshire but I’ve been flying a 747 from Heathrow 09R, out over EGLC then landing back at Heathrow 27R. Mainly for testing my software I’ve written for displaying all the instruments on a separate monitor which is working well now. You can download it from my GitHub user scott-vincent.

If anybody is using Discord I’d be interested in joining a UK channel.

Ditto - but mainly GA - So nearest available runways are Bognor strip, Goodwood, & Shoreham. Shoreham is not too bad, but someone has planted a forest around it and on the airfield. I’m glad they toned down the trees, although they still seem to be 4 storeys + in some areas - but, they should look at excluding them from anywhere inside the airfield perimiters. Also, runway lights impinge on the grass strip.

I spent a lot of time in Lincoln, (in RL) and have to say, the various air bases are a bit of a let-down, and the MAJOR landmarks are missing - No cathedral!

RAF Newton, where I worked for a while is very sad now - reverted to farmland. Syerston seems to be fully operational again.

2 Likes

invite invalid

Im in Ipswich :wink:

Regards
Rick Piper

A new link for anyone interested in chatting to other UK simmers on Discord.

1 Like

Hampshire here, I’ll join the DC. Mainly flying GA/Small jets from 6pm.

I also fly out of EGCB as well as EGCC

Farnborough
and Manchester, depending where I happen to be.

I might bump into you, but I try to avoid it. I fly a pink 172. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I run a UK-dedicated Air Traffic Control network if anyone’s interested. We have an AFIS event coming up soon. The software is fully compatible with FS2020.

Discord: JKRdwsk

I’m from Sunderland, UK. Since Sunderland Airport closed to make way for Nissan (you can make out a Vulcan bomber at the Aircraft museum next door to Nissan, it was the last big aircraft to land before closure) these day my local airport are Newcastle, Shotton/Peterlee, Teesside, and an occasional trip to Carlisle.

1 Like

My home airport is Teesside; with many a trip from EGNV to EGNT.

The other evening I tried out Fishburn in between both these.

Your mention of the Vulcan bomber, reminds me of the strange looking scenery when parking at Fishburn.

On the Bing aerial map, there is a great looking aircraft on the ground.

As you fly over it in the MSFS it looks just as good.
However, when you taxi in… you see a 2D image of it on the ground in the parking area.

That said, MSFS have done a good job of recreating this airfield.

2 Likes

Portsmouth here.

Its an ex Swiss De Havilland Venom

1 Like

Chichester here. Avid simmer since FS4 and ATP (remembering the days of buying addons from HMV like Europe 1 and 2). Been hooked ever since. Simmarket transformed everything, and now we have the entire globe with msfs2020.

2 Likes

Southampton here, simming for over 20 years now