Unable to sync your data with the cloud... (after a reinstall)

Shocking service TBH. why does it have to be so difficult got a brand new pc just want to re download game not CTD because it can’t cloud sync my data

@maglestat Please feel free to update your Zendesk ticket with feedback as to how the suggestions supplied have not worked. You can also link this thread in your comments to Zendesk.

Try this

Download the previous Xbox and Gaming Services here: (mega dot nz url)/file/aiBwAJpS#KmEbWa-BfU7kMGhrkW2x4dSkX3zlowgxdJNk5WAxPQs (I can’t add links)

Put the files in the root of your HDD (C:\ for example)

Open the Microsoft Store and go to the 3 dots on the upper right and go to Settings and turn off “Update apps automatically”

Uninstall the Xbox app through Settings>Apps> Apps and features

Press the Windows key + X and select Windows Powershell (Admin)

Run the command

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.GamingServices | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart your PC

After the restart open Powershell as Admin again then run

add-appxpackage -path C:\Microsoft.GamingApp_2021.322.1830.0_neutral___8wekyb3d8bbwe.Msixbundle

and

add-appxpackage -path C:\Microsoft.GamingServices_2.51.3002.0_neutral___8wekyb3d8bbwe.AppxBundle

Check the versions on the Microsoft Store “Downloads and Updates”

DO NOT UPDATE the Xbox app if it ask you to! And stop them if they start when you open “Downloads and Updates”

Also note that even with turning off “Update apps automatically” these apps may update by themselves anyways.

Let me know if works for you

7 Likes

Man, I don’t even know how to thank you, WORKING PERFECTLY!

Unfortunately at some point during the initial insistence, some new profile replaced my old profile in the cloud, I really lost everything!

I will try to find out which file is on the local computer with this controls config, hours and everything to always backup it!

I hope microsoft will see this post to try to solve the problem and make MSFS save the entire profile also on the local machine in documents, to make it easier and of course, to give you an award for the provisional solution!

Again, sorry my english!

Hey man,
Sorry to hear you’ve lost everything.

Unfortunately, your controller profiles are also gone with your cloud save.

I’ve tried to find it but unfortunately the sim doesn’t store anything locally except for your Bush Trip save files and flight hours for each planes…

Yeah, that because the could sync was uploading but not downloading when you needed. This happened to me with another game. Luckily I had the save on my XSX and was able to upload it from there.

Did you check in %localappdata%/Packages/“Game Folder” ?

Yeah literally nothing was stored locally including the custom controller profiles.

I’ve read Steam version might have a place you can take a look but I’ve checked every single folder in the game folder for my MS Store version but no luck.

Starting MSFS seems to download latest version of Gaming Services.
So doesn’t work for me.

Did you do this procedure before ??

“Open the Microsoft Store and go to the 3 dots on the upper right and go to Settings and turn off “Update apps automatically””

Followed the instructions as you wrote them.
I’ll see when they fix it, 6days and counting!

Yeah let’s just patiently wait for the fix now.
I just can’t believe they’ve had TWO GAMING SERVICES related issues recently…
Don’t they understand “If it ain’t break, don’t fix”???
TWO TIMES with the bugged version Gaming Services being rolled out to gamers and then the gamers suffered…

1 Like

I did a fresh install today and run into this error. Went through pretty much everything, and nothing worked. What fixed it for me was going to Windows Settings > Accounts > Email & Accounts > Selecting the relevent account and selecting Microsoft apps can sign me in.

Thank you, that worked.

I noticed that the Gaming Services version went back to the older one, but it seems like the XBox app auto updated somehow.

Anyway, it works, so it seems that the new version of Microsoft Gaming Services is the issue (or a combination of the Gaming Services update and the MSFS update)

Can I suggest that everyone updates Zendesk with information that reverting to a previous version of gaming services corrects the issue for you, if this is your experience?

1 Like

It’s the Gaming Services since I don’t have MSFS installed and the issue was with every game.

hmm thats weird…all my other games work fine its just MSFS (im sure it works fine it just doesnt sync)

7 days now

Games do work fine for the most part, but cloud synching don’t. The problem with that is that they still upload to the cloud but you can download and it since the new saves have a newer date it will overwrite your “old” cloud save, resulting in save data loss.

As an update, the CM’s are aware of the increasing and ongoing issues related to Gaming Services. Specifically, @Skeedorr - our fearless CM & Management team are taking the issue up with the relevant departments for Xbox gaming services. Your frustrations are being heard. I’ll keep updating with info when I can!

6 Likes

Hi,

I’ve updated my Zendesk ticket with the details

1 Like