Unable to sync your data with the cloud... (after a reinstall)

the history of constantly breaking stuff with this game or “sim” with every little or major update be it ASOBO FS2020 or this cluttered useless XBOX app is baffling, apparently the testing before releasing is either on a tiny group of testers or non existent. I don’t think this is incompetence, but sheer disinterest. Since my complete re-install yesterday (since the new AMD driver shattered my Win10?) i encountered this bug, and the first game braking one for me so far, with it that the “welcome get startet and setup you options” screen and process starts every time i start FS2020. Non of the “solutions” given here, help.
the contribution and escalation of this by forum mods and cm is highly appreciated.

It’s not that games don’t work, they do. You can easily click “x” on the synchronization window and it will skip downloading saves from the cloud, but it’s risking overwriting the ones that are stored in the cloud already and cannot be downloaded.

Would be nice of they could update the fixed gaming services before the weekend.

1 Like

If that’s the case why have I just been told, in response to a zendesk ticket, to remove and download the same “Gaming Services” that’s causing the problem?

I have tried to do this 5 times now and followed it to the letter.

As soon as I try and start the game it doesn’t start and I think this is the cue do install the latest Gaming Services. Then I try and start it again and I get the cannot sync window again.

And even the last note says that it could install anyway, so for some of us we are stuck on the latest version of Gaming Services no matter what we try.

I have just tried downloading another game I own.

This starts with no problems with the current version of Gaming Services, so it is just MSFS that doesn’t work for me!

I have now tried:
The Long Dark - game works
Forza Horizon 4 - game works
MSFS - no joy

Hey guys,

I’ve got the reply from MSFS Support on Zendesk last night.

I haven’t got the chance to do it but you’re free to try if you have time.

Hi Meo,

Thanks for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator Support today.

Please go through the Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Checklist that you will find attached as a PDF, under our signature. It is to ensure that no essential application updates are waiting to install and that the connection to Xbox services is restarted.

Once you have completed the checklist, please do the following

1. In the Windows search bar, type Windows PowerShell
  2. In the menu, select “Run as administrator”
  3. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

1. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

1. Click Get to install Gaming Services (select Yes if you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt)
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator and try again.

If the problem persists, you’ll need to do the following:

1. Uninstall the Microsoft Flight Simulator app.
    NOTE: To avoid redownloading the packages we recommend backing-up the game packages first. To do so, navigate to the Packages folder that is installed by default here: C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages and copy or cut the folders Community and Official to your desktop. Wait for the process to finish before moving on to the next steps.

2. Sign out of the Xbox App (if installed)

3. Go to Sign in to your Microsoft account

4. Find Microsoft Flight Simulator and click the Edit button.

5. On the next page click “Remove These Permissions

6. If the Xbox app wasn’t installed previously, download & Install the Xbox app from this page: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/pc-games

7. Launch the Xbox app and sign in with the email address used to purchase/play Microsoft Flight Simulator

8. Search for Microsoft Flight Simulator in the list of games you own and click Install

9. If you backed-up the Community and Official folders, go to C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages and replace the Community and Official Folders with the Community and Official Folders you backed up previously.

10. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from the Xbox app.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

Hello guys, @meochan913 I received this message too, I tested it and it didn’t work, when checking, it downloads the same version of the gaming service that we are having problem with!
This procedure is only for re-installing the gaming service!

This procedure is the same as the friend passed above, but his is with the GS version is earlier and for me it is working normally!

Hey man @maglestat thank you for your fast reply!
I was about to mention you after my previous post but you’re really fast lol

I guess we still need to wait for a new version of the Gaming Services to fix the issue just like the last time.

Yes, I do think so!

At least we have @XalucardX85 procedure, which for me worked perfectly, just keep an eye out to not update the GS again!

MODERATOR EDIT: This post was merged from another topic.

If anyone can help other then the Zendesk I have just Received my new Pc after a 4 month wait. I still have Mfs2020 on my old machine. Now the problem !! I want to install MfFS on the new machine so i go to store re downlaod the sim no worries install the installer all ok, then i launch I get to the lovely screen of Greenwich park uk then i hit problems it wants to sync to cloud data that gets to 3% then is unable to connect then i click retry again and again until eventually it gets to 100% and then CTD if you click play offline it CTD sometimes it doen even get to the cloud sync soon as the image appears it crashes to CTD. Any ideas it should be so simpe ?

Its been like that since last Thursday mate…nothing we can do…its being looked at

Thanks for sharing that. But it didn’t help :frowning:
There is more or less nothing only the default answer from the support. Already did that, even that with the consent.
More than a week now. Still have my old SSD with the installation that is >3 month old now. Maybe I should try this backup. But I changed almost all my hardware since than, so I really don’t want to try that.

Tried both of these, neither worked for me.

You need this version of the gaming service to work!

Above there is a tutorial on how to get back to this version!

is there a way where I can back up my copy of MFS (packages folder) I using now on my old computer and drop it on to the new PC I used do that that always with X Plane , I guess that just too easy.

It doesn’t work, as soon as you try to start MSFS it pulls down the latest version of Gaming Services.

I’ve tried this method 5 times and get the same result.

As soon as you click MSFS it doesn’t start, that’s when it searches for the latest version of Gaming Services, click MSFS again and it starts but with the latest version of Gaming Services running.

My other games work with the latest version of Gaming Services, it’s just MSFS that doesn’t!

So looks like indeed this is not 100% caused by Gaming Services but also ANOTHER MSFS BUG then…

MSFS… Please care about our saves more… It’s that too much to ask?
If you don’t really care about player’s save files then don’t put the achievements stats and all kinds of stats in Players Profiles and have an option to export controller profiles, OK???

Thank you everyone for the updates. I am still seeing if I can get some more information on this to provide some clarity here.

2 Likes

just checking you can install on another machine while is already on one pc, I don’t really have anything to save over I just want to download it and use on my New PC its so frustrating