Unable to sync your data with the cloud... (after a reinstall)

I am not even able to install it

Hey man,
First I want to sincerely thank you so much for the help.

I have a favour to ask if you could.

Can you tell whom it may concern (The devs maybe?) that one of the affected users have 1430+ hours and 42/43 Achievements completed on his save file and canā€™t redownload it back so heā€™s worrying heā€™ll never get it back?

Does it mean anything to the devs?

Do they care? Cuz as you mightā€™ve known this is not the first time that our save files were PARTIALLY LOST and I really hope they can care moreā€¦

1 Like

The simple solution to all this is to have the same data from the cloud, on the local PC, such as Steam, have it in the cloud and save it in the game data in My Documents. With that, the control configuration data, hours, general configuration, all in CFG files or as you wish, so when synchronizing with the cloud, give you the option to use the location or the cloud, as in Steam, as simple as that! There is only a little desire on the part of the companies involved and a little more affection with the users!

Everyone is happy, the problems are over, including the time lost with these supports.

Again, sorry my english!

Mods?..any news on whats going on ?

Waiting for updates here as well. Not able to sync profile after Win10 reinstall.

Currently trying this nowā€¦so far so good (installing)ā€¦my friends are on the same version of gaming services .3002 (they havent updated)ā€¦where as I was on the latest versionā€¦also noticed it logs in the registry as well so i removed thatā€¦locations here as examples

Keys.

[HKEY_USERS.DEFAULT\Software\Classes\Local Settings\MrtCache\C:%5CProgram Files%5CWindowsApps%5CMicrosoft.GamingServices_2.45.11001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe%5Cresources.pri]

[HKEY_USERS.DEFAULT\Software\Classes\Local Settings\MrtCache\C:%5CProgram Files%5CWindowsApps%5CMicrosoft.Gamingservices_2.45.11001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe%5Cresources.pri\1d6937194966bce]

Services.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

iā€™ll let you know how i get on.

Its defo a GS issueā€¦again

UPDATE Hours and settings are back

as you can see my hours are back but the gaming services im using is the previous version .3002

Thanks to XalucardX85 for providing previous version download :+1:

3 Likes

Itā€™s been over a week now and I gave up on it being fixed any time soon. Canā€™t believe Microsoft couldnā€™t just roll back the previous version since this one isnā€™t working.
Tired of waiting, I used files and method kindly provided by XalucardX85 and it works again, my games sync now. The only tricky part was that even disabling automatic app updates, it tried to update gaming services as soon as I installed them, I had to quickly click on X to stop the installation.

Thanks

2 Likes

Glad its working for you too BEARievable, nice work. :grinning:

1 Like

Finally!

Thanks to @XalucardX85 for his Gaming Services backup and @ReZZeR13 removal of the registry entries in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

I now have my hours returned.

So grateful to you both, Cheers!

2 Likes

Good news madorri1701 :grinning:

How do I get to this website? What is Mega Dot Nz.

Download the previous Xbox and Gaming Services here: (mega dot nz url)/file/aiBwAJpS#KmEbWa-BfU7kMGhrkW2x4dSkX3zlowgxdJNk5WAxPQs (I canā€™t add links)
[/quote]

mega . nz / file without spaces

I just participated in the World Update 4 Insiderā€™s program and if they wonā€™t fix it next week Imma try @maglestat and @XalucardX85 's method and hopefully my Pilot Profiles are still thereā€¦

1 Like

Thanks to @XalucardX85 for his Gaming Services backup . I did it and it worked. I can install the Sim.

1 Like

so far lol

Thank you. That fixed it for me.
Note that I did not need to restart the PC after running the Remove command in PowerShell.
I just ran the two add commands directly.

1 Like

Unfortunately, none of the methods done both separately and together helped me. Are all my settings and statistics overwritten in the cloud?

nice to at least someone gets a rep[ly from zendesk i contacted them a week ago and they still have not replied to me
i tried what you posted but i still get cant sync to cloud after stopping at 35%

Update:

I was contacted by a dev recently and was told this issue has been made a high priority bug fix and it will be fixed asap. I was told that the bug was identified and fixed internally, but not before it was pushed out to Insiders alpha ring (as it only affects a subset of games where Flight Sim is one) and that the team is pushing a new build as soon as possible to get this rectified for everyone. So if any of these temp fixed work for you just know this will hopefully be resolved soon.

4 Likes

Same here! an this happened be4 the last update[Microsoft Flight Simulator 4_3_2021 1_48_23 AM|690x374](upload://tDjjeKPv7d7R1BN

I95QfiuAKPxT.jpeg)