Unable to take off with Pilatus PC-6 in Puerto Rico bush-trip

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

no, because it was ok the leg before

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

Pilatus Turbo Porter PC-6 with flotteurs

Which aircraft version are you experiencing this issue on? (You can find this listed in the Content Manager under the Aircraft Name)

Brief description of the issue:

In the bush trip of Puerto Rico, the plane is turning to the left, while on the ground.
My first leg was ok, even if the plane was steering to the left on take off and landing, and I succeeded somewhat to correct it.
But on my second leg (TJRV to TJIG), unable to take off. The plane is going left, directly in the buildings.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

do the Puerto Rico bush trip

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

no

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

no maneuver issue with the PC-6 floats in the Puerto Rico Bush trip as well as in a free flight

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi @endiendo, I moved your report to the User Support Hub Aircraft & Systems sub-category that is more appropriate for other users to support.

Looks like that plane is quite sensitive to crosswind. When starting the bush trip or a free flight, check the wind direction and try to take off using the appropriate runway. Also in the bush trip, looks like it starts with the Live Weather on by default. You can switch to custom weather and set a low wind speed with a proper wind direction for your runway. Can you try that and let us know if it helps with your issue ?

Ok. I found it.

• my first leg was ok.
  • my second leg is nok, plane goes completely to the left.
  • only difference is the update to the last version with Dune Extension.

After speaking on the other feed of this forum (Pilatus tailwheel problem), they told me about problems with controls after the Dune extension. I just checked.

There is effectively a new profil, which is active per default: Ornithopter (from Dune).

Instead of my usual default profile

I retried this plane and this bush-trip with my default profile, and the problem is solved !!
→ If developers do this kind of changes, per default, they should AT LEAST WARN PEOPLE about that. !!!

1 Like

Glad to hear that it works now !

Those Dune changes introduced an issue that was not intentional or expected so there was no warning sent. There is a Bug report here:

And a discussion here:

Hi,

The Pilatus Porter is a plane with a lot of torque that needs to be compensated a lot, right. If you look at the trim indicators, the rudder should be trimmed almost all the way to the right and corrections to the rudder must be fine, otherwise the rear wheel will “slip”.

The technique that works well:

• line up on the track
  • put on the brake
  • full power
  • Release the brakes
  • Maintain the runway axis with slight corrections to the rudder

I hope this will help you and have a good flight everyone