Unflyable P-51D "Man O' War"

I have the same problem with the P-51. I have the P-51 in DCS and IL-2…there is something wrong with the flight model of MSFS 2020…and I am ■■■■■■ off about it…how do I get my money back for this module??? MSFS 2020 is becoming a laughing joke.

1 Like

Mine has the violent veering bug at 30 inches or less

1 Like

Same issue here with both p51 &l39 jet

1 Like

Update: I fixed all the planes. Looking at the folders of all P51s, the default model has the most megabytes, so I thought it was the base model that manages all the others. The thing improved after I opened all the models in the hangar to make screenshots of all the cockpits. I then tested the L39 before and after opening each model. After that, they are now flying as they should.
Good luck

2 Likes

I agree the P-51’s act a little strange on takeoff. If taking off against the wind, I manually adjust the rudder positive 6 degrees (not using pedals), cut back on the propeller speed to about 75%. Then, slowly add throttle while gently adding right rudder (foot pedal). It is a fight still, but I manage to keep the plane on the runway, but not always perfectly centered. After takeoff I set the rudder back to zero degrees and add full propeller speed. The 'Miss Virginia" seems to behave the best, not sure why.

2 Likes

Positive? Try RIGHT 6 degrees. That is how the real P-51 is done. Also, Trim up 6 degrees, I think. Have to watch the video again.

I do not know how real the sim is… you know… but this helped me. IRL, you have to trim the plane frequently.

Another problem, though, is switching fuel tanks. Some of the P-51s have to switch through OFF to get between left and Right. This step kills the engine and no way to restart.

have the p-51 man of war, all it does is turn circles on the runway the minute you increase throttle. if it does stop veers left and can not get off ground. have p-51A model flys great. before anyone said anything about flying p-51s have 150 hr in them and t-6s, is there a fix out there. latest post i see is from 2021, any help.

1 Like

I just tested Man O’ War, and didn’t have any troubles taxiing at low power, and takeoff was fine with rudder trim set correctly. Maybe you have an errant input feeding left rudder constantly?

1 Like

does the same both left and right. also all other a/c are fine, are you in flying outside of the reno game?

Yes, outside of the Reno game. I wonder if reinstalling the plane would help. I hope you get it sorted.

1 Like

I got the Aeroplane Heaven P-51 and it behaved similar. You have to understand that the sim prioritizes how wind (or cross-winds) and prop wash interacts with ground effects.

I believe the wheels have a frictional value over all winds, and prop wash. It appears that once the tailwheel lifts off the ground, that frictional value goes away, leaving any cross-winds to push the tail. Prop wash doesn’t take affect until all the wheels are off the ground. Good case-in-point is the Kodiak. No prop-yaw force until the plane is off the ground. Thinking about it, the TBM has very low prop-yaw effect when the take-off trim is 10-15 degrees?

My fix for the Aeroplane Heaven’s ground control is to increase the rudder effectiveness up to 1.
rudder_effectiveness =1 ; up from 0.7
rudder_maxangle_scalar =1 ; up from 0.5

In addition, I tried:
max_speed_decreasing_steering = 75 ; up from 25
max_speed_decreasing_steering_castering = 75 ; up from 40

Now I have full control over the yaw on ground roll.

However, you cannot adjust those options in the MSFS P-51 flight_model.cfg files (they do not exist). Adding flight_mode.cfg prevents the plane from loading, i.e. you cannot change the flight model to gain an advantage during races.

The downside to Aeroplane Heaven planes is that they have not provided any updates or bug fixes (I submitted to their support email) and as a customer, I cannot see which version is the latest. I currently have V1.2.0.

1 Like

all better now. happy camper

2 Likes

ok folks new problem for me, (man of war P-51) advance throttle eng cuts out.

2 Likes

Man of War P-51 - RPM is not going more than 2000 on ground, and in the air the plane is accelerating very slow ans not above 300 mph - all the other P-51s are OK.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s being discussed Here. be sure to vote.

The P-51D’s aren’t usable currently. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Hey guys,

The P-51D ManO’ War is the only Asobo P51 I have and I sometimes would fly it when I wanted a change from Aeroplane Heaven’s P51 Mustang.
Since the update that came out for the ManOWar I can’t take off as the throttle seems broken. It only starts if you have the smallest amount of throttle. It took me ages to work out how to start it. The normal 1" throttle doesn’t work. If you do get it started once you push the throttle forward the engine always dies. Once you hit about 1 inch forward on the throttle.

It worked fine before the plane update and no other plane is affected. My AH P51 is fine and so are all my other planes so it’s not my Thrustmaster Warthog. I tried rebinding the throttle and it didn’t help.

The throttle moves correctly in the cockpit when moving it but something broke in the update.

It took me ages to start it as I always had my throttle at the 1 inch position right where it cuts the engine out if throttling up. So the only way to start it is to put the smallest amount of throttle but the engine will die after trying to throttle up.
I don’t have any assistance options turned on so that isn’t interfering plus no other planes have this issue and it broke after the update.

I’m playing on PC
Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7 10700K
Nvidia 3080ti
32GB 3200MHz DDR4
Track IR 5 Pro
Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas
Logitech Rudder pedals

Thanks in advance

1 Like

In my case it is different. I use automatic check-lists to start the engine, so, the engine starts. However the plane does not accelerate on the runway. At full MP RPMs are not going after about 2100-2100. If I start in the air the plane sometimes develops all the RPMs needed (if I dive :))) ), however the plane still does not accelerate after 200-250 mph near the ground. My controls (G940) work OK.

1 Like

Is it only for man o’ war or a
also for the other mustangs?

Man O’ War, Bunny, Spam Can, Wee Willy are affected according to the other thread. I can personally confirm that Bunny does not work.

5 Likes

The bad news is that the latest dev update doesn’t even mention the P51 problem. It was properly bug-logged by several people but hasn’t even got on their ‘radar’. We paid for these aircraft and they should at least try to fix them.

3 Likes