Unflyable P-51D "Man O' War"

Frustrating as it’s one of my favorite aircraft, obviously by my avatar.

3 Likes

In SU-14 it is a bit different, but does not work OK - after MP 36 RPM drops (if on ground RPM does not go after 2500), then with MP 60 goes up but never more than 2800. I attach 3 pictures with different MPs and at full Prop

2 Likes

It’s still not fixed in su 14.

3 Likes

The Man O War is still unflyable for me also. I have the same problem as @AstrixAU
I can’t put full throttle when the engine is running because it will die.

6 Likes

Yep that’s the problem with the mustangs. Microsoft has been ignoring this problem for 2 months now. They tried to fix it once and never came back to it…

5 Likes

I would like to see either a proper fix or an unencrypt of the files so we can fix it or a way of getting money back & rejecting it. Right now its 'buy it and if it doesn’t work - how sad, too bad, never mind. Not acceptable.

4 Likes

The original glitch on this post about the unflyable Man o War is occurring again. On Xbox at least. I don’t know about pc.

1 Like

I experience the exact same problem in some other aircraft too. But the P51 is the most significant as it has more torque (ie. JustFlight PA28 Warrior II.) which let me think that it is not specific to P51 but with the core sim. Some aircraft flight models effected with this somehow (Maybe the torque effect gets crazy at some threshold). I have reported this in another topic. It will be nice to merge them. I don’t expect a happy ending from devs solving the problem as surprisingly very few people are reporting. As they said “there are more important things!!! in their agenda”. How someone can not notice it by the way. It is very severe.

Related Bug Report: They can be merged I belive.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/wind-causes-aircraft-to-turn-only-on-the-ground-as-if-theres-full-rudder/378471

2 Likes

They are working on it for the next update I think. There’s a running thread about it in the beta part of the forum.

2 Likes

can you provide the link if possible?

1 Like

Yeah that would be nice

1 Like

Seems some folks are still having issues, but it shows it’s supposed to be fixed at least.

1 Like

I’ve reinstalled msfs to see if it’s fixed. Idk if anyone else is experiencing this bug.

1 Like

It won’t be fixed until the current beta goes live I would think.

2 Likes

all The P-51s are terrible…Gold Finger all over the run way…Voodo Will Not throttle UP…Wee Willy Revs and shuts off…Miss Virgina Will Not rev UP…Bunny Revs UP and Dies…Lady B Revs UP and Dies…Man O war Revs UP and dies…Miss America Wont Rev UP…SpeedyP-51 Takes OFF but wild to control…Spam Can Dolley Revs UP shuts Off…Stregga All Over the run way…THESE issues ALL need Fixed asap

Did It Fix the issues with your P-51s

They all work in the latest SU15 beta version. You’ll see an update for reno air races and the p-51s in the content manager.

1 Like

Im experiencing a different problem. The engine works fine now but there’s something wrong with the flight model for me. The problem with the engine cutting out will be fixed in sim update 15.

1 Like