Uninstalled

Sorry im a little confused. So you bought the game (with good quality money at that) your having issues getting it to run. There is a patch in less than 6 days to fix these issues but you’ve decided to refund it, and then re-buy it once the patch comes out, out of principle that your paid good quality money for a product that was not. Seen as you’d rather go through all that rather than wait 6 days i can only assume its out of principle but if its out of principle you’d not give this company your money again once the issue is resolved.

None of this makes any sense.

3 Likes

And it seems pre mature to release a game that impossible for half the customers can’t install and filled with so many bugs I can barely have a normal flight. That’s PREMATURE!

2 Likes

Imagine having the patience of a 7 year old…

6 Likes

Having a baby 6 weeks early is also premature.

You’re right though, 50% of the customers not being able to install the game would be a catastrophic release - thank god its not nearly that many.

Welcome to the forum btw.

7 Likes

My advice is to leave the remnants there. Seeing as you have already got a refund, you would be getting something for nothing. Might not reduce your next download time, but perhaps save a couple of write to disk operation when you re-purchase the best flight sim in the world in a couple of weeks time.
However I am not sure if anyone here can help you with deleting the remnants unless they have already announced their departure and still not gone.

1 Like

Bye Bye :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

2 Likes

Yup thanks to the forums some things are able to be tweaked and fixed but still I been a flight simmer since I was 12 and my heart is broken at the final product. And when I read the new patch I was even more disappointed. YES! They can now install it but now almost half the consumers again! Will experience buggy airliners.

1 Like

If your 6 weeks old premature baby can deliver the scenery FS2020 can then it’s a good baby premature or not.

The game was JUST released… It’s all about prioritization. It makes the most sense to focus on the bugs that are preventing people from playing the game at all, rather than focus on small details.

The airliner fixes will come; be patient.

1 Like

HOW can a company like Microsoft NO! Sorry WHY! Would a company like Microsoft release something like this when it does not look or feel at all ready? Be patient ??!?? Good sir I’m sure everyone was patient now. It’s also what alpha and beta testers are for to make sure the game is 100%. I do agree it all will be fixed but I do not agree on the patients my friend a lot of people already have been. Look at all the stats and reviews on games that come out buggy. This is worse then fallout 76 if I were to compare.

1 Like

Look at the stats and reviews for MSFS… It’s getting RAVE reviews. Most of the bugs people are complaining about (aside from installation issues) are not even noticeable by your average player. A random FPS gamer coming to check out what the hype is about doesn’t know the first thing about flying an Airbus and won’t notice any of the missing systems or not-perfect flight dynamics.

Honestly I do agree that it was released a bit early… They could’ve had 3 more months of development time and still released before the holidays. 3 months isn’t a ton… but it would’ve certainly made a difference. As a developer myself I’d be willing to bet that the devs (Asobo) agree, and the publisher (Microsoft) pushed to release it to bump up their profits for this quarter.

But realistically: This is just how it is with the modern “games as a service” mentality. Back when FSX was released you worked on a game until it was ready for release, then you let it loose and pretty much immediately moved (most of the team) onto a new project. Nowadays games are viewed as a service/platform. That means in general you should expect earlier and buggier releases and longer iteration lifetimes. In business it’s considered better to get your product into the hands of consumers earlier rather than later. They’ve got the basics of the sim working so they got it out to consumers to:

• Start making income and justify further development
  • Gather data on how the consumers use the product to drive decisions
  • Get the initial massive spike of traffic out of the way while systems are simpler, then develop the more complex systems over time (See: Pokemon Go)

Improvements will be coming for years. So, again: Be patient :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There is no better way to write it. Thank you very much for this contribution.

notsureifserious.gif

Play something else for a few months, I am waiting for CK3 on the 1st, BG3 on the 9th personally. Come back… OMG this is great now (being facisiously optimistic, no offense meant.)

Seriously just give it time. It will get through its teething stage. Just have fun until then. We can say shoulda, could woulda all day but it won’t change the reality. Not the end of the world. Anyone who knows Paradox games knows in years you finally get a almost perfect game. Still fun to play just a bit irritating.

1 Like

are we somehow playing a different game?

1 Like

Windows ME, Windows Vista, Windows 8:
Did Someone call us? :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

I’m away from my PC so I can’t get you the link. Take a look on Zendesk, I think there was an uninstallation guide there.

I hope you try us again in a few months :slight_smile:

you should also tell us how you asked for a refund after realizing it lacked a smidge of ranch

I hope this article from official support helps concerning the question of uninstalling MSFS.

The responses from some forum users here have left me scratching my head a little as they were off topic with regards to the original question of how to uninstall the game.

I would politely but sincerely remind everyone that it is forum policy to discuss topics and not people (and this includes any analysis of people’s potential motives for something)

If you can contribute helpfully to the topic at hand please do so, otherwise please don’t post! Especially don’t post if your intention is to question or comment on the individual who has made a post asking for help (or their motivation in asking for help)!

If you find posts to be objectionable and/or out of keeping with the community guidelines then either flag the post (if TL2 or above) or send a PM to @moderators.

All of this helps to create the sort of community I would hope we all want.

Since the original question has now been answered I am closing this thread. If the OP wishes the thread opened again then please send a PM to @moderators and include the reason(s) for opening the thread

Onward and upward.

3 Likes