Update 1.12.13.0 has been an FPS killer

Agree, used to be sitting around 45-55fps as a conservative estimate on the ground and 60-70fps on cruise in the A320.

Now I never go above 40 on the ground and it’s not much better in cruise either.

Not scientific benchmarks but a largely noticeable performance decrease this patch regardless.
Changing my graphics settings seems to have a negible effect too, with on a few FPS extra.

1 Like

I also noticed a real drop in performance with this update. With the old update, everything was fluid with very few “micro-stutters” but now, whether it’s outside or in the cockpit, I have stutters as soon as I move the camera.
I really miss the last version since it was a very good one for me :confused:

Same for me … :sleepy:

1 Like

I rolled back my nvidia drivers to 3 weeks before the last update but it seems to help only for a while and after about say 30 minutes the stutter comes back - every 2 seconds. GPU stays below 5%.

2 Likes

you not wonder about the “Very High Power comsume” ?

go into the detail page an choose the correct graphics engine ( not only the 3D engine is important !)… then you will see the 100% load.

EDIT: here I explained it and linked an article
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/100-gpu-load-main-menu-because-background-hangar-rendering/339365/8?u=michamma

I wondered if it’s the servers. I have the white ‘busy’ rotating circle in the bottom left of my monitor while I am flying. Do you have this too?

I tried disabling Nagel Alogorithm …

Charles

I don’t have spinning thing problem, but that solution might be good?

1 Like

Hi Stan, I am not seeing any benefit from the registry tweak at the moment and so I have quickly changed back to the original registry settings where everything is still the same and stuttery. Once everything settles down, I will implement the Nagle tweak again to test under better conditions. Once the little white busy wheel starts spinning my simulator has a bad hiccup in the stutter ‘department’. The rotating circle is the same as the one you get when your computer is busy within Windows or streaming Netflix, YouTube etc.

I am wondering if the terrain anomalies, (spikes) introduced with the last patch, migh be responsible for the stuttering and FPS loss?

Charles

That is what I thought initially, and I did check the details and the performance page, there was nothing that indicates the GPU was even working. You can see in my last screenshot that MSFS was using GPU-0-Copy and I thought that was odd. When I tested XP, it was fine and used GPU 0 - 3D. Yesterday I reverted my Nvidia to a November update. When I started MSFS today, now the display is as expected as you can see in this screenshot.

I don’t know what happened overnight, I’ll try some flights to see if the rollback has permanently resolved the issue for me.

hmmm… don’t know… as say’d … the values are delivered from graphics_card → driver → Windows (Taskmanager)… possible nvidia done somewhat different, as you mentioned you revervet the drivers.
Since the 30xx series comes out, I lost my believe at nvidia “a bit” :wink:

Update: Taskmanager seems to decide what is to shown:

By default, the Task Manager will pick 4 engines to be displayed. The Task Manager will pick the engines it thinks are the most interesting.

:joy: … a AI Taskmanager :joy:

I took a flight and everything was smooth even with 17 fps. I restarted the flight and now stutters again every 2-3 seconds even with 28-30 fps. It is definitely better with the old driver but something is still not right and something is still causing the stutter and the cause might be FSMS update issue. However, I’m certain now that the GPU is doing its job.

Prior to this patch I was getting 30-40FPS around KORD, Laguardia, LAX, etc. etc.

NOW, It’s dropping into the teens and performance is absolutely horrible,

If I can, I will HAPPILY roll back to the previous patch to get my frame rate back.

Most of us don’t need this stress, online updates has done NOTHING but ■■■■ people off as one thing is fixed and 100 others broken. Further, this BS allows companies to “release it now, fix it and then break it worse, later”.

Truly sick of this ■■■■, when will a developer “be the change” and stop screwing it up to meet some manager’s ■■■■■■■■ deadline that just ends up costing everyone (for a case study in this, see CD Project Red).

What do I do now Asobo, give up on my streaming? Or stream the 7-8 fps (NON VR) to show the world how incompetent your company is?

1 Like

I have the same issue. Gone back to streaming X-Plane.

3 Likes

Same - noticing more terrain load lag than normal…

1 Like

Sadly the same here too :frowning:

1 Like

I’m a member of this club as well.

1 Like

Same here, I was forced to drop the graphics settings for the first time to get rid of most of the stutters and micro-stutters that developed overnight. My experience with FS up to now has been so smooth that I never looked at the frame rates I was achieving.

1 Like

Did you submit a zen ticket, or are you just whining into the abyss here?

1 Like

Yes. I submitted a Zen Desk ticket. I’ve been doing this for a long time, and know to submit a ticket. Yet also whining into the abyss is so much more fun because I get to annoy those who think more highly of themselves than they ought.

4 Likes

I wanted to add an update that I may have a solution. From 2 tests, it seems that if you have Rolling Cache enabled, that deleting the cache and recreating it, so far, appears to have alleviated the problem.

This however needs more testing (which I can’t do right now due to work) but I will test more low frame places and see if this has actually resolved the issue and it’s not intermittent or something more complex.

To those that aren’t using a Rolling Cache, my condolences, but I hope this is the fix.

I do insist, however, that this should be done as a part of the upgrade process, many of us are busy and pushed for time and/or exhausted from years of lost time researching problems that we should never have had to.

Moreso, the developer attitude (most likely pushed by management) of features over stability need to be shown hard data that features at the expense of something else breaking is a net loss.

1 Like