[Update - Workaroud Fix Xbox] Bush trip respawns me in dense forest or in water, unable to continue

I’m on xbox, and having the same issue with Bush Trips. I have a problem with a trip from FS Academy that I can’t continue. I emailed Academy and even they’re not sure how to reset on xbox. Hopefully this will be logged as a bug and fixed.

did you see the post above by Hanso? try to delete the reserved space (which will unfortunately delete a few other items as well, updates, landing and challenge progress

In case it’s not explicit.

If you have a unrescuable crash on a leg that isn’t the first, re-fly [actually, just re-start] the prior leg then it’ll let you continue with the one where you crashed (from the airfield). [tested on Xbox]

[EDIT: As has been pointed out - it is sufficient to re-start another leg - you don’t have to fly it all]

1 Like

You don’t have to actually re-fly the prior leg, just restart any prior leg is sufficient.

Please, Microsoft, we need a hotflix for this. It’s a big problem for xbox players!

4 Likes

Deleting my whole progress is not an option for me

1 Like

Loading a different bush trip and then entering the other trip again loading the bugged leg again will respwan you in many cases again in the air…

1 Like

Hi, Same issue stuck on the water, I’m try to replay previous leg and hope to restart on airport at thouble one. But againg, this times won’t help me back to the land.

Dear team please improve this bug.

This doesn’t seem to be working for me today. It might have worked for me on previous occasions when this happens.

p.s. I’m only in this mess because the engine keeps cutting out on my plane. Not sure why. There was something flashing on the dashboard about low fuel, but when I go to the external view the UI fuel gauge there says it’s fuel is in the green…

I had exactly this problem, the fuel was running out despite there being some in the tank.

I mapped the command ‘repair and refuel’ to an unused keyboard key on my chat pad so that when this occasionally happened, I’d hit the key and the engine would burst back into life.

1 Like

1 Like

There is a simple way around this. In PC, go to Options, then General Options, and click on “Developers”. Once there turn it “on”. Go to Bush Trip that you are either stuck in the water, or dense forest, and there will be a “Developers” bar at the top of the screen. Go to the mission, and then use the bar and go to “options”. Click “Pause Simulation I” and enable “Disable Crashes”. UN-pause and Get your aircraft to a safe area for a takeoff, and proceed. If your in the water you will need to go full throttle until you reach land (I did this in Iceland Bush Trip and the aircraft goes at 10 knots in the water…but you DON’T CRASH!) Once in a safe area you can then go to “Dev Mode” on the bar and “Exit Dev Mode”. Your all set. It took a while to figure this out. Hopefully it can work for you!

3 Likes

This doesn’t work for XBox unfortunately. Bush trips seem to have damage locked in and no easy to access dev mode. Apparently I crashed into something whilst trying to read the fuel levels which are at the top L & R of the roof area in the X-Cub. I think bush trips are done for me until this issue is fixed. Spawning you in dense forest is a killer. esp if its towards the end of a longish leg. No way I want to start a 90 min leg again. If they’d only enable vertical slew mode on bush trips. This bug is a major immersion killer! :weary:

2 Likes

If you’re on Xbox, and you spawn in the water, there is a (stupid) workaround I discovered. I did this in the Xcub on the Alaska trip - not sure what other aircraft this would work on, and it probably wouldn’t work for the forest.

Once you are spawned, immediately go into Active Pause. This could take a few attempts as there is very little time until you “crash”. Then while paused, give it full throttle and full flaps, and let the airspeed indicator get to 50-60 knots (or whatever is appropriate for what you’re flying). Unpause, and you should float up a few feet. Likely you’ll immediately have a stall to recover from, but it’s better than the alternative.

So it’s kind of fixing one bug with another bug, but it’s better than nothing.

2 Likes

Useful to know thanks. I’m holding out for the chainsaw/lumberjack mod it would seem. These bush trips are quiet the thing though. Having been stuck in trees in the Patagoinia one, I switched to Alaska. On one leg I flew I got blown over by a cross wind after landing and almost at standstill. Achievement lost. It respawned me again on the ground (what is it with lack of elevation in respawns?), but it was relatively flat tundra like ground with no trees so I was able to get up to speed, take off and land again. It’s ridiculous being respawned so much at 0ft, at the very least they should give us the option of a vertical slew to get past this bug.

(BTW: I do not see active pause in bush trips on Xbox)

But there is a working workaround for the annoying “stuck in forest bug”:
leave the stuck leg, start an arbitrary earlier leg, quit that leg early after take off, then restart the last leg where you stuck and you will be able to either start from the airport or even in the air just in the area of the crash.

You can go under options and assists and find “AI piloting in active pause” and toggle it on, but it didn’t do anything for me, or it didn’t actually enable. No icon appeared at the top bar either.

Happened to me on Germany Bush trip leg 6. I crash landed and I am stuck in a building. I CAN NOT replay this leg and I can’t move the plane when restarting the leg. Is there a fix so I can re-paly leg 6 of the Germany Bush Tip?

Yes, restart leg5 . You don’t need to fly it. Just start leg 5, quit then restart leg6 which should be now reset to the beginning.

1 Like