[Updated] Arrows Across America: fly the US Air Mail routes 1926 - 1934

@Megadyptes7635 - looks like a new set of Varney liveries might be required!

1 Like

I will update our manual with a link to it when it comes out - would GAS like to include a link to us in their documentation?!

1 Like

Love to get that :slight_smile: I can never get too much Stearman. And with you doing flight model testing, I know it will be good.

2 Likes

We’d be glad to link your project in our users manual. Please send it to me. Thanks

2 Likes

That’s brilliant, thanks so much. Will do.

2 Likes

View from inside the Blanch Field hangar at Reno

6 Likes

And from the outside

8 Likes

A little more info on above 2 screenshots.

The hangar was designed by JB Strauss, who also designed the Golden Gate bridge in San Fransisco.

From existing construction drawings, with overall dimensions and sizes of the implemented beams, we could recreate the steelstructure and roof structure. Pictures helped us to recreate the corrugated (asbestosđŸ˜±) exterior and text.

The huge cantilever door is 100 feet long and 21 feet high, and is hung on pivots at the top of the hangar door opening, and swings outward during opening. It is couterbalanced by a concrete counterweight, weighing 37,500 pounds. The door can open in 20 seconds.

More info on this hangar here:

3 Likes

Thanks to @GawinGrimm for the livestream of the leg from LA to Las Vegas on Friday evening / night.

It was great to join you and fly along with everyone.

Do post details of the next one here :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for coming and flying along. My #1 MSFS 2020 Mod. It will become a weekly series after I get back from vacation. Also thankyou for an amazing mod and the amount of work you all did on it.

4 Likes

You’re very welcome. And have a great trip - looking forward to seeing photos of the Colmbia River Gorge from a train!

1 Like

A few screenshots by Dave

8 Likes

Great job on your latest revision, I am having a blast using the Tiger Moth to follow the Salt Lake City to San Fransico route. I know it isn’t the prototypical aircraft, but a great experience non the less. Thanks for continued development of the fantastic experience you have created.

3 Likes

You’re very welcome, we are glad you are enjoying it.

If you are in the market for a new Stearman to fly the airways, @Spad611 and Golden Age Simulations have just released theirs.

4 Likes

I have been watching this one, The current Stearman is ok, but not great. Will pick this up and see how she handles. The Tiger Moth is such a nice flyer, but a tad slow for the nail :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Quick question: what’s available in the Marketplace? Would I need to purchase each airport separately?

I’m deeply interested in the history of the early airmail system. I plan to fly some of the Pennsylvania routes as they’re near where I live. I’m going to use the JN-4.

This game desperately needs a good DH-4M with the modifications the Postal Service made such as wooden fuselage skins.

1 Like

Hi, all this scenery, including the airports, is available for free on Flightsim.to. for PC.

Unfortunately not in the marketplace yet

We have applied for access, but approval hasn’t come through yet.
So I’m afraid that Xbox users will have to wait a bit longer to get this.

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick response! Good luck with your Marketplace coordination.

2 Likes

Working on a little animated garage on Medicine Bow ILF

5 Likes