UTC time much slower than the actual time

Still having trouble… I had no idea what you were saying…

I’m on my profile on the simulator but I do not how to synced and default everything

you can’t do it manually, they’re automatically synced. You have to manually set the sim rate using the increase and decrease sim rate option. Once you’re happy with the sim rate, just exit the flight and close the sim. Then run the sim again. Hopefully, the sim rate that you’ve adjusted before is now saved to your online profile.

Step 1: Start a new flight. Take note of the chrono timer. and crosscheck it with your watch/clock. If the second in the sim is too slow, use the Increase sim rate button once. If it’s still too slow, press it again once. If you’re too fast, press the decrease sim rate. Until the second hand flows the same rate as your watch/clock.
Step 2: Press ESC, then exit to the main menu.
Step 3: Exit the sim. Don’t use ALT+F4, use the Exit sim the proper way.
Step 4: Wait for it to completely close, then Open MSFS again.
Step 5: Start a new flight, check the chrono timer again. If it flows the same way as your watch and clock. You’re good.

1 Like

The only problem I have with the sim is that can’t get it to perfectly match the current time clock. and when I do, it then doesn’t last, it goes to fast or slow again. I’ve tried so many times to keep it at the same time as the clock and when it does, it doesn’t last very long. @Neo4316

Then something must have happened mid-flight that changed the sim rate.

This was during still on ground taxiway. And even before leaving the gate @Neo4316

you said that once you do have it synced it doesn’t last. were you waiting at the gate that whole time?

pretty much! I’m at the gate now trying to fix it again. @Neo4316

OK, So I finally got it to match the same time, i then went to main menu and closed the MSFS. I’m going to reopen it and see if it can stay the same.

Guys, I really think the sim rate isn’t the issue based on thr descriptions of the problem…

Maybe the realtime clock of the laptop is having a hard time due to the heavy system load by MSFS?

Well it’s stopped lagging since i changed the settings… just an clock issue now…

The clock on the Main Menu is off now by a half minute or so. the laptop time is correct and fine :slight_smile: @Coppersens @Neo4316

Yes, thank you :slight_smile:
I think the system itself is quite overloaded. Every stutter will pause the clock for a short time. If you have a lot of stutters, things will get out-of sync eventually.

The TS should lower his settings to achieve a more acceptable load on the system. High settings on a laptop with only RX 560X with 4GB of VRAM is asking for trouble.

Ok… for 1: it’s 8GB not 4… I have a pretty good laptop thanks… and 2. I did lower my setting to Medium and it has stopped lagging. ITS ONLY A CLOCK ISSUE right now! nothing else. The simulator works fine right now it’s just a clock issue…

You have 8GB of RAM, 4 GB of VRAM. There’s a difference :wink:

And I reckon the CPU might still be overloaded and therefore lagging behind.

But all just a guess.

2 Likes

No lagging what so ever… huge difference compared to before and 4 and 8 is a big difference… I have 8 which is better than 4… I also have other simulators that work fine on here and has NO clock issue… Let’s only focus on the clocks please thank you :slight_smile: everything else is running smoothly.

the clock on the main menu off by half a minute? did you press the LIVE button to refresh it?

1 Like

I’ll repeat it to you slowly:

You have 8 GB of RAM in your laptop
You have 4 GB of VRAM (the V is for video) RAM on your GPU.

MSFS is extremely heavy on the your CPU and GPU. Not much other programs put this particular load on your system.

We do. We think your system is overloaded, therefore lagging, therefore showing a time difference.

What are your multiplayer settings? “Live players” or “All players”? And if all players: Do you press the “Live” button in the weather settings?

Umm yea… and again THERE IS NO LAGGING! I told you the game is fine… there is not 1 bit of lagging… It’s only a clock issue, I only want the clock issue fixed so I can do my online flight streams and fly as realistic as possible… which the clock helps with that. also, this was reason why flights would take 16 hours when supposed to be 4… If I didn’t care much about the flying experience I wouldn’t be bothered but the clock. but I am, it’s something I need. Yes It’s on Live settings, all of it is.

The clock only stays on the right time for maybe a minute or two then it goes either to fast or slow, and i have to keep setting it back and forth. almost like it’s only by a quarter? so like 0.75 instead of 1?

I’m thinking about uninstalling and then reinstall, but I don’t want to go through the very long installing period.

What live button? I see where it says live, but it wont let me push it, it’s on gray.

Had something weird happen… The plane shut off… Not the game… just the power in the plane went off, and I just had the battery on

Now the battery wont turn on… :confused: @Pieter1982NL @Neo4316