Vegetation Draw Distance Fix

There is a new mod uploaded to flightsim.to called " Vegetation Draw Distance Fix" which increases vegetation (and tree) LOD. I am NOT the author of this mod nor affiliated in any way.

Based on the screenshots posted, it seems like it does exactly what everyone is looking for. It increases the vegetation/tree LOD without increasing tree size.

I have not downloaded it yet. I guess I’m going to wait until there are a few review comments before I do.

If it indeed increases vegetation/tree LOD without severely impacting FPS, all I have to say is FINALLY. I’m really excited about the prospect.

[edit] Just realized there are some posts on this at the bottom of this thread:

5 Likes

So you show up to this thread, saying someone’s free mod doesn’t work without giving details, and then link to your payware mod on simmarket. Your mod changes tree size it looks UNREALISTIC. I can’t believe you are charging money for it (not that I would ever pay for it)…but that’s your choice. You got blasted so hard on these forums you had to delete your thread.

12 Likes

And yet you come here, talk bad about someone elses FREE mod, and put in another advert.

Good bye.

11 Likes

I have tried this mod myself. So far it works! I think this might be the real deal guys.

Good reviews so far on flightsim.to as well.

1 Like

Please remember to stay on topic while posting - thanks :slight_smile:

I would have to disagree with you. I see trees out to the horizon whereas prior I would see them being drawn in a couple of miles out from my position. It works quite well from what I can tell and doesn’t affect my fps in the slightest.

So, if you claim this mod is stolen from you, but also claim this mod doesn’t work, then does that mean your mod doesn’t work? You can’t have it both ways.

6 Likes

I edited my post. It does work. But based on description alone it wouldn’t just by changing 70 to 100 without the other changes.
I didn’t say it was stolen.

1 Like

Here is a link to a comparison I’ve made between the default sim, this fix and a different freeware fix:

1 Like

I conform this mod can indeed increase tree lod by a lot, but it coast 2-3 fps on my system.

3 Likes

Soooo many trees. This works great for me. Thank you.

3 Likes

Really nice one. Will try it later.

Works like a charm!

2 Likes

Unfortunately I’ll have to charge atleast $5.00 for this mod because “simmarket doesn’t allow a price of $0.00”

Remember that?:rofl:

5 Likes

That was a funny excuse, wasn’t it? BTW Simmarket does allow 0 price. For example,
the “Warsaw Airfields” by Drzewiecki Design costs 0 on simmarket.

4 Likes

This is a very good mod. It adds another variation to each species in the relevant xml file, sets a very low number spawn ratio for the added variation and sets min and max size to 100 and 125 respectively. This has the effect of not changing tree sizes locally but sets the draw distance much further way from the camera.

I guess the spawn ratio must set the distance from camera and the tress at that distance are now drawn very large and that has the effect of causing them to show up a long way off. But it seems to work rather well.

problem is cities and towns are still flat in the distance.

That’s an easy fix I think. You’ll need to increase building LOD in the user config file. It will hit your performance though.

1 Like

This mod is fantastic!

Wow!

Thank you! :+1: :beers:

Great mod! Thanks. :ok_hand:

All credit goes to WeptBurrito2749 who discovered this fix and PropellerBC for uploading the mod.

2 Likes