VelocityOne Flight Universal Control System - Turtle Beach

Sorry but I have to disagree. Excellent and the Velocity one should not be used together. A product that ships with major flaws cannot be considered excellent in my book. If you are on Xbox sure it’s about your only choice right now but if you are on PC please do yourself a favour and investigate the other and IMHO better options out there.

Edit : Since I originally made this post the Honeycomb Xbox hub has released and I know of a couple of folks using it with success so now even Xbox users have a bit more choice and if I were choosing a yoke for use with the Xbox it would be Honeycomb over Turtlebeach despite their customer service issues. Now if only there were a universal hub that translated PC USB to Xbox for all controllers the Xbox users could have the same choice as us pc users.

Thank you for your reply. I went in and checked and Screen Capture is not bound to any yoke or mouse/keyboard command or keystroke.

Same situation. Waiting to hear back from turtle beach tech support. Apparently there’s an application which takes it out of update mode so I’m waiting for them to send it to me. They should post it on their website since this many people appear to be having the problem.

3 Likes

roger that !

First, the build quality of this thing is insane. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned that yet. It feels phenomenal. I would recommend it without hesitation to anyone.

Now, has anyone had issues with binding a throttle and vernier axis to the same command? I’m making my own profile in MSFS instead of using the built-in ones, and I seem to be having issues when I assign a vernier axis to the same command as one of the throttles above it. One of them seems to dominate and the other becomes unresponsive.

Edit: looking at the default profiles, it seems to be happiest when they’re assigned to slightly different commands and now I can switch back and forth between them at will, same profile.

The device is awesome: When is the firmware update to be expected and what is in (back throttle? Status panel?)… more important are they picked up by the msgs devs for integration

do your yoke wiggle ? mine do .

Dear

I have two problems with Velocity One yoke.

1. I do not have any respons from buttons HAT 1 and HAT 2 in single-eng. prop. setup and PC mode.
    I basicly need just next instument view and previous instrument view. But it doesn`t work with HAT buttons.

2. Lightning on SIP doesn`t change. I have status panel mode set to SIP FP001. But color do not change if I make some input (for example auto pilot or parking brake)

How can I make this to work?

Hey yeah it’s kinda awkward but I followed Captain Sim’s tutorial here. You need to make multiple profiles really and remove the vernier or throttles per aircraft. I’ve now set mine up like his bar a few bits and bobs but I’ve been got the reverse thrust working kinda for now so hope it helps. Here’s the setup videos

2 Likes

I have manage to setup a default keys so thank you for that video.

What about changing of lights on SIP panel?
Is this even working already?

Anybody got a download link to the Turtle Beach software that puts ous the V1F out of update mode ?
I’m really sad that i cannot use it ^^’

1 Like

Anyone that has it please upload it!

Here the link. You are responsible for using it and should only be carried out by someone who has an idea of the subject matter. Under certain circumstances, the guarantee can also expire. I only got the file from TB to get my yoke out of update mode.

V1F Recovery-Tool V1.0.4

1 Like

Do you mean does it cause inputs without me moving it? No, but it is very sensitive.

Thanks for the link. I’ll have to check it out, but I did get it working by binding the Vernier to Throttle 1 axis and the “Throttle” above it to Throttle axis in the sim. They both readily work now. Same with mixture; set one to Mixture 1 and the other to Mixture.

IDK if it’s a sim problem or a V1F problem, but binding both to one axis causes one to act as some sort of modifier for the other, like having one min or maxed causes the other to only do half the travel.

pretty logical that this causes issues. It’s 2 axis controlling the same thing, so how is the sim to know which one is right?

These are in stock again. Just ordered one direct from TB.

it is in stock…

Thanks, nice to see you guys are monitoring for potential bugs here. I have mine for a few days now and loving it. But I’m also experiencing glitches. As you said it’s from a user perspective not always clear whether it’s caused by hardware, firmware or Microsoft Flight sim itself, but here it goes :slight_smile: :

• Rudder triggers don’t always work: sometimes it only registers the initial button press, but the rudder straightens out by itself again even when keeping the trigger button pressed. Needless to say that this caused some crash landings.

• Trim wheel: when disengaging auto pilot, using the trim wheel will result in dramatic pitch changes, as if the trim wheel on the yoke is completely out of sync with what the auto pilot was doing.

2 Likes

The last one to give inputs. If this is true, why is it possible to bind two of them?