Virpil controls

I had some 20yr-old flight controls and I decided to upgrade. Originally I ordered some of the Logitech stuff but while I was waiting I found Virpil and thought it looked a lot better. I ordered Alpha Stick, WarBRD Base, Throttle, Control Panel, and Rudders. Took just under 2 months including shipping. I’d still be waiting on the Logitech stuff from what I can tell.

The quality of the Virpil stuff is incredible, easily twice as good as I expected. It is a huge upgrade and I’m really loving it in MSFS 2020. It really makes the sim more fun to play. Their software is also quite nice.

2 Likes

True, but once you are used to it… it is what i need.

Hi all,

I just got the following from Virpil

1. VPC Constellation ALPHA-R
  2. VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base
  3. VPC ACE Interceptor Pedals

However, I am confused as to how to assign / map SHIFT button states….holding a shift button and changing how other button send keys etc. I have the Virpile software loaded, buy I do not know how to map anything.

I have uploaded some documentation of my button mappings to the Alpha stick over here …

… and I am not using any “SHIFT” feature on the Virpil side of the config.
I do only use the native FS2020 “multi-button” feature in the command bindings to get “SHIFT” like behavior.

I am not sure if that answers your question … if not then please try to explain again what exactly you are trying to achieve and what “SHIFT” means for you.

I do use the Virpil Configuration “SHIFT” feature (via the “Mode” switch) with the Virpil throttle … and I documented my ideas for that here …

My Virpil Panel #1 arrived the other day. First ever Virpil purchase. Still learning the software and trying to decide how and what I want to configure. Really impressed by the quality of the Virpil hardware. Extremely solid throughout. So far, I have assigned the autopilot, flight director functions, and interior lights. No trouble at all getting assigned buttons to do what they are supposed to do. I am very interested in learning how to assign rotary switches.

Yes, Virpil equipment is pricy. Once you get past that, these are very capable and top-notch items. Should last for a very long time.

1 Like