Visibility is not available in MSFS2020?

Hello
Is it not possible to set visibility in FS2020?
It does not work with the aerosol regulator.
In terms of weather conditions, everything always looks the same in the simulator in terms of visibility
For example, setting a visibility of 10 km is not possible
or is it?
Who knows how to do it
regards
Didi

2 Likes

It’s not. IMO one of the biggest flaws in MSFS. Makes it useless as an IFR simulator.

1 Like

Don’t think its currently possible to do it as described, but you can always suggest it to the devs at #self-service:wishlist

I’d be more than happy to give it an upvote :smile:

Very much debated. See these threads. Add your vote on the second.

This sim has not proper simulation of visibility - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Weather - Visibility Control - Self-Service / Bugs & Issues - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

2 Likes

Ah, that is nice. Thanks for posting, and yes if anyone reads along the thread upvote that second post, its the best way for the devs to see our suggestions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No direct control of Vis unfortunately. Hopefully something they can add to presets in the future.

I’ve got a few presets you are welcome to try that simulate mist and fog.

1 Like

Ihmmm. I used one cloud set closer to ground level. Tweaked all its settings to highest and it go me the visibility differences. Not that it’s in any measurable unit but it does the job for me.

So I went into the weather to try to change the visibility and was extremely baffled that there seems to not be a way to do that!? Am I missing something? Did MS really create a flight simulator with no way to set visibility!!?? It is a few years after development so I am hoping I am missing something like an add-on or something?

1 Like

That functionality to manually set the visibility does not exist in custom weather. It is in the wishlist as mentioned above in CaptainRude91 post. Nevertheless, visibility is automatically rendered in Live weather around airports where a METAR with limited visibility is reported.

Oh my gosh, I was really hoping I was missing something! I can’t believe they would drop the ability to set visibility!!! It’s one of the most important aspects of a flight simulator!! What in the heck were they thinking??? Virtually every single flight simulator training session in instrument and beyond training requires a flight instructor to input ceilings AND visibility for more realistic training. Without being able to do this it makes the simulator almost useless for instrument training. Unbelievable!