Volocopter Volocity (still) can't spawn at helipads

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

N/A

Brief description of the issue:

Although the previous thread was labeled as “fixed on live”, unfortunately this bug hasn’t been addressed by the latest update. By choosing the Volocopter Volocity vehicle, you can’t spawn at helipads, only on ramps at regular airports. This vehicle behaves the same as helicopters so it would be logical to spawn it at any helipad – sadly the bug hasn’t been fixed, contrary to the official response.

The screenshot below was taken by me yesterday.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Go to the World Map to create a new flight.
  2. Choose the Volocopter Volocity as your vehicle.
  3. Choose a helipad as the departure point.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A (Xbox Series X)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.29.28.0 (Sim Update 11 / 40th Anniversary update)

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

As stated in original post: Volocopter cannot spawn at voloports or any other helipad despite the vehicle being vertical-lift.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

As of 7 APR 2023, I am unable to begin my Volocopter Velocity and Pelican flights from a helipad. When I select any helipad around the globe, a banner that states that my flight cannot takeoff shows and does not let me continue. This is also true for the Volocopter-specific “helipads” at Voloports that are displayed in Europe. As the Pelican is a VTOL aircraft (granted it’s a fairly large one), it should also be able to take off from Helipads around the globe. Is this a feature that will be fixed? The latest update states that Volocopter Velocity can take off from the Voloports, but it is still not possible.

The current workaround, that is not ideal, that I have been using for the Pelican and Volocopter is to begin my flight in mid-air, land at a helipad, and then take off from the helipad.

Can’t believe they have not fixed this yet!

I am trying to take off from one of the volocopter helipads in paris but the game does not allow it!

Untl now unfixed!!!
I’m using Xbox S,
Michael