VR issues - Oculus Rift S

Same black box here with Rift S…

Thanks for the tip. This sorted out most of the problems for me including my head position.

Yes, Oculus Beta helped, thanks!

when you open vr it shows the menu for slewing your views. alt tab will put u in and out of vr. Mine always starts in yhe engine compartment. pretty funny.

This fixed it! thank you for providing a solution!

Defintly turn on beta updates. After 15 min or so it showed an up date. this fixed all issue with my rift. Also when you hit tab you center right up into seat.

1 Like

space bar not tab.
Alt tab to go into and out of vr

Same situation here too…I will try the suggestions thanks guys…no other issues framerates or such things

Did you see the solutions?

Update the Oculus software to the latest version and open the Oculus Tray Tool and turn off Use FOV Stencil. Worked for me

2 Likes

Does not work for me. I enabled Beta, download v23…no option for v24. Everytime I go into VR I’m on top of the GD plane. I’ve remapped my shortcut keys 50 EFing times. Its stuck there with that stupid re-center message and I can only force shut the simulator down. This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen and I’ve been very patient with Asobo but this is horrible. I can recenter my view with oculus’s recenter option but the popup is there and no controls respond…wth?

Xplane 11 has the best VR implementation I have seen thus far. Wish they would have taken a page from their book.

2 Likes

Same issue here with the black box. For the centering issue, i used the alt-up / down keys to move myself back into the cockpit and the left-right arrows to center myself on the pilot console. Seems to be the only way atm.

1 Like

For the people who cant find the vr camera position recenter. It is there in options - controls. Just look for it. Think it was under camera section. It is there cause I have rebound a key for it myself. Dont rush but look.

I think the issue we’re discussing is an Oculus version issue. As soon as I upgraded to Oculus Version 24, I was right in the cockpit when I start up the sim. Before that I was 3 feet away outside to the front left and had to do all kinds of adjustments using the arrow keys to get back.

Yes after updating the Oculus Soft. everything solved. Amazing! Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Go to your drive oculus is downloaded to (mine is on my C drive). Then go to program files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics . Open the oculus debug tool and change “Use FOV Stencil” from ‘auto’ to ‘off’.

Thanks it was suggested earlier. That worked.

How the heck do you get V24??? I can not get it to go past 23. My god this is ■■■■■■■ me off so bad. I’m always on top of the ■■■■ plane and re-centering does not work and the popup will NOT go away.

1 Like

This works.

Cannot get the toolbar on the cockpit though. Mapped a button to the HOTAS but it doesn’t do anything,

To get v24, I had to close everything down. I also rebooted for good measure. Next time I went into Oculus it automatically installed v24 (this is assuming you’ve changed the setting to allow use of public beta versions). It solved every issue straight away and I didn’t have to attempt any registry fix or other tweak.

The only problems that remain for me are a lack of sound when in VR mode, an inability to locate the toolbar and a touch of nausea!

1 Like

Are you guys refering to the V24 for the headset, or the v24 for the Oculus Software on desktop ?
Because I just saw that my desktop software version is 24.0.0.42.393.
So maybe there is a misunderstanding.
Thank you.