Warning: Your graphics device has encountered a problem

Because he has a 4090 and you need HAGS on to use Frame generation

1 Like

Must be on VR then and that isnā€™t my thing

Thatā€™s it. In order to use the Nvidia frame generation feature of the 4000-serie, HAGS must be turned on.

Anyway, I am not experiencing any problem since I turned this feature off. (I apologise for my german WIN11)

I have HAGS turned ON (and Game Mode too) for some months now. I did it after I saw real benefice for games I own. For all new games I buy I test ON or OFF and never saw a negative impact with HAGS ON. That wasnā€™t the case a year ago.
HAGS ON is the future way they will handle graphic drivers, it imply huge changes under the hood, and one day, the settings will disappear as it will stay ON for everybody.
Edit: I donā€™t have the crash issue with HAGS ON as I own an RTX3070, not a 4xxx serie.

2 Likes

Testing again after new driver release and itĀ“s still there. As unpredictible as ever. Thinking I will uninstall this sim as MS/Asobo doesnĀ“t seem to pay this bug any attention. Putting my controls in a box for a while and might buy another sim instead in a year or so.

Sad they messed this up during the frequent updates.

I am sorry that you have come to this negative conclusion. I can understand you. I was often on the verge of it too. You have to know that this problem is not caused by a specific driver. It seems to have various causes and then unfavourable circumstances come together. Itā€™s clear that Asobo should fix it, but it seems to me that they canā€™t or donā€™t want to.
I have this error message very rarely now. It is important to know: The message always comes when the system as a whole reaches its limits. Although I never had the problem until SU 8 or 9, it came with SU10 Beta. I got it under control because I made certain changes. But that is experimental.
Iā€™ve already posted this here, but Iā€™m afraid it canā€™t be found here. My solution is to reduce the LOD settings. I always use medium presets in MSFS2020 when flying airliner IFR. There it is not so important to have great details of the landscape. When I fly VFR, I use high end presets, if necessary I reduce LOD settings to max 70. Photogenerated landscapes/cities donā€™t look super great then, but overall the level of detail is ok. I have noticed that the error message often already happened in the start menu of the MSFS, although no flight was loaded yet. Therefore, I deactivated the animated start screen (i.e. this hangar in the background). Since then almost no error message with CTD. I also adjusted the Nvidea graphics settings. Among other things, I limited the frame rates to 60 fps. You donā€™t need more than that in MSFS. For whatever reason, the higher the settings (e.g. ultra), the greater the risk that there will be an error message. Itā€™s a pity, but thatā€™s the way it is. Please try this before you uninstall everything. And deactivate mods like Pushback helper etc. Large photosceneries over 1 Gb can also cause problems. It also increases the loading time enormously. I know we all want dozens of add-ons, but in the end it disturbs the flow of the game. This is not a solution, but try these little tweaks.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

1 Like

I have Win 10 and this settings. I have the error very seldom since than.

Have also this Graphic settings. Genereally all Power saving options in Windows should be set to off - but than you might use more energie and have higher costs :wink:

grafik
grafik
grafik

Thanks. I have already limited the fps in nvidia to 60 fps. I do use higher settings than medium in game though. And I was very able to do so before they did the Xbox-release-update. I am just not very interested in fiddling around with the settings to much as IĀ“ve read in here that it seem to be a lottery if it helps diffrent people. They should just add resources to solve this. I would easily volunteer to install the game in debug-mode as I surely will stumble upon this bug if I play for more than 1-2 hours in a weekā€¦

The reason for me trying again after a driver update is that I hope that a driver change somehow could solve this as Asobo/MS seem to just ignore it.

Yes, it is probably triggered when memory consumption is to high. But WHY is it to high. The sim is leaking memory? Just deal with it!
My system is well within what is recommended in the game specifications.
I have no other applications running at the same time while playing.

I have NO other problem with ANY other game. I have neither seen this particular pop-up elsewhereā€¦

1 Like

The Fact that the error appears in installation process means the error is within the internal simā€™s files, not OC, Heat, not Vram usage. personally, thats why i didnt troubleshooted or changed any setting since the beginning, moreover, results in this thread shows that this error can be minimal, or appearing more often due to the amount of processing power the sim is dealing with, so following balanced recommendations is the best act.

1 Like

much more processor power than a i9-13900k seems currently not possible, and still never seen that popup

i meant the sim is perfoming more stable in less processing power from the Gpu. keeping in mind the fact that this does not affect this error directly, not even a workaround, just something wont harm to consider, until hopefully the issue may be fixed.

but also related to the GPU: I never seen that popup with my 2080TI and I not seen it with a 4080 ( I not have Frame-Gen enabled, because I see artifacts ). Therefore I still not sure, whether the ā€œperformanceā€ of the system have an impact, or increase the chance that it happens.

The installer also use GPU power. It was optimized over the time, but still GPU is used. Therefore we recommended the fps limit to reduce the system load. But if that will help, I assume there is more like a problem with the system ( and in such cases it can also be the RAM ).

For me itā€™s more that Iā€™am back to what we mentioned while ago: these popup catch some different errors, where before msfs simple crashed. The error message is missleading, that statement we have already. I still hope ā€œit would be a bug within the applicationā€ because then the developers can fix ā€œsomewhatā€ - but it is just strange that so many users never seen these popup. But there are also so many other reasons possible which are special on the affected systems, e.g. which applications run in parallel. As example lots of users mentioned they tested with no other apps running in parallel, but then we often see in screenshots that e.g. Google-Browser is opened ( or the run-background is enabled ). Driver stuff, e.g. related to nvidias new beta feature dlss3-framegen, are also possible, but who knows. Finally Iā€™am not sureā€¦ I can onyl mention, that I have two different systems and msfs works fine on both.

PS:

thats not really a limit to test ā€œlow loadā€. Depend on your resolution ( e.g 4K ) the most systems run in a very high load to reach 60fps. For testing users should start with a low value, eg. 30fps and run test-cases.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello, I have the same problem, when I turn on frame generation, the game freezes, or I get the same error message as shown in the video. I9 12900KF, Win.11, 32/3600MhzRAM, RTX4080. I donā€™t know how to continue. With the 3090, no problems.

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Not true for all cases, in my case I had never seen this message until I installed AMD driver 22.12.2. Then I received this every session within 5-40 minutes, and an accompanying driver timeout error from AMD. Reverting back to a previous driver and havenā€™t seen the message again since.

So for some hardware configurations it is very much a specific GPU driver causing the issue.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

New installation RTX 2080 starting with lowest graphic options every time crashs 2 sec. after loading main menue, newest driver nvidea (528.24)and windows.

Are you using DX12?

yes and no, in dx 11 crashs too

Are you using DLSS?

no

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Frustrating to say the least. After weeks of not having the error / bug pop, I am now unable to play the sim as I will get the error message either during boot up or right as Iā€™m about to take offā€¦and it is always a spike.

Too badā€¦and no this topic has not been ā€œsolvedā€.

3 Likes

Turning my XMP Profile in Bios off solved the Problem for me. No need to under clock my rtx4090, no need to turn HAGS and frame generation off. My DDR5 runs now at stock 4800 MHz instead of 5600 and no problems at all, even setting everything at max level in the graphic options (LOD400 and so on).
All other games run without any error, only the sim does not work properly. I9-13900K+RTX4900

This issue can stay in dark on a system for a whole months, so short time testing cant tell final results, as this thread has shown up till now.

2 Likes