Warning: Your graphics device has encountered a problem

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes, I have been getting this same error after flying in MSFS for a while after the last sim update. I never had CTD problems with the program and I never received this error before the last sim update.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

This error has been occurring regularly since the last sim update. Windows Event Viewer has errors for “Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener” failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022", “The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found” and “Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered”. I have an NVIDIA GEFORCE 1650 video card on an I-7 system with 32 GB of RAM.

Are you using DX12?

NO

Are you using DLSS?

NO

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Ok, the main reason for me to post this observation is that Nvidia had a post in their releasenotes for their previous driver. The issue was that the system reported wrong values according to temperature. I figured that the WDDM could be a part of that…

Given the fact that this problem is completely “muted” by Asobo anc MS I figured it could be a OS-problem that MS didnt want to shout out loud…

Well, I flew another flight (DTW to LGA) and it works fine for me when using DX12.

I’ll have to try DX11 again to see if it crashes once again, but DX12 appears to be stable for me (for now).

Quite possibly. Most corporations try to avoid making erronious statements about another company’s products and if they do say anything you can bet it’s only with approval of their law department.

Win 11 Official release indeed has problems like memory leaking, 22H2 has additional errors over 21H2, related to remote control management, storage speeds, and other problems, and all were confirmed by Microsoft.

but this is far from our issue, because the sim worked fine to all simmers, just SU10 hold an issue. so definitely it is not an OS issue.

Not to mention that different simmers are using different operating systems.

Tbh 22H2 and the latest NV driver work perfectly for me so I guess I’m just lucky.

Actually no … the taskbar has stopped hiding itself under some situations and I must then toggle the windows key to close it :smile:

1 Like

They released some patches and the process is still going.

1 Like

Hello
Since today I have this crash with the same error message.
I never had CTD problems with the program and I never received this error before the last update of Nvidia drivers version 522.25 (12 oct 2022) and the update of W11 KB5018427 11 oct 2022.
My graphic card : RTX 2080 Super
proc i9-9900K

This is the error detail, it’s well related to nvidia drivers (nvlddmkm) :
Nom du journal :System
Source : nvlddmkm
Date : 15/10/2022 21:48:34
ID de l’événement :0
Catégorie de la tâche :Aucun
Niveau : Erreur
Mots clés : Classique
Utilisateur : N/A
Ordinateur :
Description :
La description de l’ID d’événement 0 dans la source nvlddmkm est introuvable. Le composant qui a déclenché cet événement n’est pas installé sur l’ordinateur local ou l’installation est endommagée. Vous pouvez installer ou réparer le composant sur l’ordinateur local.
Si l’événement provient d’un autre ordinateur, les informations d’affichage doivent être enregistrées avec l’événement.
Les informations suivantes étaient incluses avec l’événement :
\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 100
La ressource de message est présente, mais le message est introuvable dans la table des messages
XML de l’événement :

0x80000000000000

System

\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 100
00000000020030000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Also RTX 2080 Super

Are you using DX12?

no

Are you using DLSS?

yes

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

All very important points, I believe. Another setting that has a huge effect on the GPU load is “render scaling”. I would recommend that folks experiment with turning that down a little to give their GPUs some relief.

I’ve observed the same thing. Thankfully, the sim is still running perfectly for me.

1 Like

Just to conclude results this thread reached to by users and simmers up till now, by actual
- long term - observations not ideas or thoughts, to point further investigation lines for whom is interested:

1) The issue is in vanilla sim. no addons are related.

2) The issue is not related to an OS issue, happening on different operating systems, & not cause of lack of VRAM, nor lack of processing power from the graphic card or cpu, due to the fact of being lots of simmers using latest hardware.

3) The probability of being the issue related to a driver failure from the driver side is weak due to the updated versions nvidia released.

4) Turnning off overclocking & changing & tweaking settings & changing DX versions appeared not related too, including reinstalling the OS & the sim.

5) Temperatures are not related either.

6) Programming sector within SU10 is a high probability being the cause (Error, conflict, incompatibility).

7) The Error is random in terms of when it shows, so it makes the sim seems to be stable for a while.

8) What is strengthening the probability being the problem within the SU10 changes, being the error appears alongside with one of the downloaded and installed SU10 packages while in installation process of the SU10 Update, which means when the system is dealing with the new files, the error is encountering as a result immediately.

9) The majority 100% revealed that this issue - in particular - has never happened before SU10.

10) This error is not related to a server online services issue.

2 Likes

I just tried dx12 as people have mentioned above and this fixed the problem for me as well so far.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I experienced too. I tested render scaling at 60% and it ran without a crash the whole time. Then a little bit higher, the message came immediately … the end. But all that only with the Cessna. And under DX 12 FPS better. When I load the FBW Airbus I immediately get the message. So it must be related to the video memory not being managed properly. As soon as it comes to an end, it depends. I have a GTX 1660Ti, which unfortunately only has 6 GB. But before SU10 it always worked. It broke everything.

1 Like

Hi.
I always had CTDs at different times in the game. Maybe one out of 3 flights were made without a CTD. I then received the above message, so I cleaned my computer from the dust and now I did not have any crashes since then.
Thank You Asobo for this, because I never would have thought an overtemperature graphics card would be the reason for my crashes.

2 Likes

After many days of trying, I found an option that allowed me to fly without problems. I put in the DX12, used DSSL and was able to fly from Dublin to Barcelona with no problem.

Yesterday morning I flew a short hop from Buffalo to Toronto in the Fenix A320 – No Problems!

Today I made the same filght (15 minutes earlier) using the PMDG 737-800 – Mid way through the flight… ERROR!

The only difference I can see is:

A: The aircraft type.
B: The weather (yesterday’s filght had heavier clouds and rain in Toronto)
C: Before flying today… I re-enabled “GAME MODE” & “HAGS” – Rebooting the PC after making those changes.

FYI, I personally have always found MSFS game-play to be smoother with Game Mode & HAGS enabled, but I also think this can be at the expense of MSFS stability.

1 Like

I noticed that there was a small Nvidia Control Panel update this morning. I wonder if it was to correct your issue?

Selecting DX12 has certainly helped me. Although it’s not the greatest solution, it appears to be working.

With all these reports in the last few days, I hope everyone is hitting the ‘VOTE’ button at the very top of this thread.