Warning: Your graphics device has encountered a problem

OK, I have put all of my graphic stuff to LOW - and while my graphics card is still a higher rate than I think it ought to be, I will check specific settings in that software… also, the graphics do not seem to suffer with them all being set to low… which is a bit odd.

I will test some flights again tomorrow.

I went nearly three weeks without this issue but I’ve had it happen now three times since last night.

The only things I know changed on my system were some random app updates like MS does and I can’t help but wonder if the server migration had anything to do with anything.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

huh?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

DX11 only, every flight, any framerate, DLSS or not. On old system same issue new system, same 3080 Ti GPU on any DLSS update Nvidia driver.

Are you using DX12?

Yes

Are you using DLSS?

Yes/No

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I have “checking for updates” and have since the very beginning so do not think it is related to the graphics error which I do not have.

I saw your message about NanoVG, and sure enough, it was turned on for me, so I turned it off. Could be coincidental, but I haven’t had a crash since. I don’t even know what NanoVG is, but it sounded like you thought it should be off.

Previously, Every time I wanted to play, I had to reinstall my Nvidia drivers first. Then I could usually play all day. But each time I shut it down and started it again, I would get a crash before I would start flying.

I have shut down and restarted a few times today without reinstalling the Nvidia drivers, and not a single crash. This is the first time since I got the game that this has happened, so thanks for mentioning NanoVG.

Unfortunately, I still have a bug where if I pop out the ATC windows to put it on another monitor, my controls keep locking up. Other than that so far, everything is working as it should for me now (so far).

1 Like

Yea, it’s the new way MSFS will render XML gauges in aircraft. It is also Xbox compatible, and enabled by default since the SU10 update.

Seeing as I’ve never used NanoVG before, and have had these crashes only since official SU10 was released, it seems very coincidental indeed that NanoVG could be cause.

1 Like

After turning it off is it staying off?

I’ve turned it off a few dozen times and it keeps turning itself back on without fail.

Is your Cfg set read only? if not I suspect a setting in Windows or NVCP needs changing

As I advised in a prior post - since I have changed my PC/WINDOWS and GPU settings, I ve got no error or CTD anymore. I use MSFS “high end” settings, but reducing LOD to ca. 75… Using DX12. Got fpm about 30-60 (depending on complexity of addons).Here you see screenshots of my setings. Pls try it and give feedback if it helps! Here is a link to the video that show some of the changes Ive done. Since than Ive got no error anymore, even with PDGM B737 and many mods installed.

You see my MSFS settings at the screenshots (Nvidea Experience Software - my settings are the “Aktuell” settings - not the optimized settings, which are partly on “ultra”. Ultra settings are possible if the scenery or the addons are less complex.

Screenshot 2022-10-17 112348

Screenshot 2022-10-17 112730

Screenshot 2022-10-17 112858

3 Likes

Nice. I don’t have issues myself but was beginning to suspect power settings might give a solution, maximum performance looks to hold the key.

1 Like

Interesting thesis, that would be awesome. Will test it tonight. But before that it was also before SU10!!

Show me the line in the cfg where this exists and I shall add it.

The file property itself. If you didn’t tick the read only box then that isn’t the problem.

I haven’t touched the setting and have no clue what it does or what default behaviour is but if it’s not normal could you possibly be using an old graphics driver or something?

Oh now I get you … there are other Cfg files for the sim, if not in UserCfg maybe one of the others

Yes

Are you using DX12?

No

Are you using DLSS?

Yes

Are you using DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

It’s not necessary to do any complicated adjustments. To cure this, just switch to DX12. DX12 runs smoothly now and you don’t get this graphics card memory issue!

1 Like

I got this error message a handful of times now… this is not an advertisement, BUT, I did download Razer Cortex , and have only had one error message since; I used both Game Boost, and the Windows optimization settings options. Thought I’d share. To find Razer Cortex, simply search online, should find easily, didn’t want to link it in this official forum.

1 Like

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post merged into this topic.

Since the last update of the Nvidia graphics card, produced on October 14, 2022, said update is causing problems in flight simulator since I get an error message of overheating of the card or problems with Msfs 2020

The drivers are Nvida’s 522.25 for a Geforce GTX 1660 Super
And I have a 10 generation I/ as well as a one tera SSD hard drive exclusively for Msfs 2020

I have Windows 11 version 22H2

1 Like

Try this

I’d even suggest in global settings if you get this message at launch or if other apps are affected

I do not agree that this issue is SOLVED.

I must admit that I’m a very happy simmer, because in the last two years I never had a CTD that I could not relate to something stupid done by myself.

But after having installed Nvidia driver 522.25 I can’t fly anymore. MSFS will start up and I can setup my flight. But when loading the flight, at almost the end of loading I get this annoying message and need to shut down through Task Manager.

When in Task Manager I observed that the ‘Desktop Windows Manager’ (WDM) system task was almost all the time at 100% GPU load.

After reverting to Nvidia driver 517.48 the WDM task is at a regular 0…3% GPU load.

With that driver I can fly without that issue.

Just out of curiosity I reinstalled the driver 522.25 again

Iimmediately the GPU load was back to 100% for the WDM task. This is with a idle computer, MSFS not running.

A reboot does not get rid of that high load. And I can not fly, same message half through loading the flight.

I recommend anybody experiencing the issue to check their WDM task GPU load in Task Manager, and report here.

2 Likes

It has not served for anything it stops again and the same error message appears