Warning: Your graphics device has encountered a problem

Oh well it worked for me

Good luck with finding your solution.

I have no idea what that resource has to do with problem many people are facing, it purely states there is an improvement in DX12 for 30 series card, where does it state you need to reduce detail and load or your game will become redundant

One other thing I have noticed, the loading takes at absolute age since these issues, normal and safe mode both sit with bar a few inches from the end.

I’ve just been doing a little testing on my pretty smooth running set-up and I have discovered that there is a definite negative impact (very minor jitteriness) caused by Photogrammetry.

With my data set-up as below, everything runs very smoothly with no jitters, CTDs or unwelcome pop-ups.
It couldn’t hurt to try this, I’d think.

BTW, my sim boots up to the world map screen in 2 minutes.

1 Like

Earlier in the thread there seem to be suggestions this error message is misleading and the root cause might be something else like server lag. The other possibility is this relatively generic error is being thrown up by a range of problems which is why one persons solution does not work for someone else.

The only thing that is truly clear is that, despite Asobo claiming this issue has been resolved, it is not actually solved at all.

1 Like

I was having basic buildings, and did not realize why, it was due to all of this being turned off
 flying was smooth as silk, no issues, but when I turned this back on, my screen froze up.

UPDATE: OK, Currently I have everything down to the basics, minimum everything, but the cool graphics on everything are due to the photogrammetry, so I turned that on to see if the screen freezes up again.

OK, some more testing to do, but it is the photogrammetry that appears to be locking up my system.

The good news, my system should be able to handle the program perfectly!

The really bad news is that we live in an Internet dead zone! People further one direction or the other have insanely high Internet speeds, but we are limited to just one vender, and a DSL line
 which cannot handle the needs of Photogrammetry
 but my system can handle it.

This leaves me with accepting the situation, but cutting a LOT of graphics to nothing due to the lack of solid Internet connection (for now)
 I’ll post again if it crashes again. Thanks to everyone in the forum for posting information and suggestions!

UPDATE! - OK, flying down low over Walt Disney World (Orlando) is not so exciting low level
 but flying at higher altitudes - the PHOTOGRAPHY version is very good
 and I can tell where EVERYTHING is
 touring Disney World at high speed, down low, is going to end up in a FREEZE with slow Internet on my machine. This is good enough for me, for now!

Had that today on my brand new RX 6800 while in the main menu downloading world updates.
Not sure why it happened :person_shrugging:
No OC.

I have also had this issue on my rtx 2060 super with DX12 and Hags enabled.

I do not think it is clear that Asobo said it was solved. I know it says solved but that was for a workaround and I am sure it is being looked at still.

There is no workaround

I know but someone though there was.

Yes for me playing on PC , after a Flight about 45mn, when I wish to change for Return to main menu for a new departure or any what else
Thanks

Let’s get all back on topic folks and not have a debate about what an Emu and Ostrich are.

1 Like

So I only have the message under DX 12 since SU11. But since quite timely after loading the situation!

This problem is a disgrace. Sim is unplayable since su11. Addons or no addons, dx11 or dx12, doesn’t matter, I am constantly getting ctds. The only thing that varies is that it sometimes takes 5 mins and other times 30 mins.
Have tried everything and am fed up. Can’t believe the regression we are seeing with each update.

6 Likes

I have the same error since the last update but could reproduce it as followed. Whenever I want to call the external Little Nav Map via ingame Menu (Little Navmap VR Panel » Microsoft Flight Simulator) MSFS crashes with the error. So far and without the addon i have no crashes. With SU9 the addon worked fine too so i have no clue and disabled it.

Today I actually got to take off and climb to 14.000 feet before hitting a CTD

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post merged into this topic.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

After loading flight, get the attached dialogue and CTD. Currently I am unable to get anything into the air. Fresh download/install of new Nvidia driver today 22 Nov 2022.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Yes

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

B550M Ryzen 5600X 32GB RTX 2060 2 x 1TB NVME

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Today

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

no

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I even have no possibility to set anything because app becomes inoperative before it

Are you using DX12?

no

Are you using DLSS?

no

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

no

Exactly what I have done. Even add a full Windows reinstall on top of that.

Same results. So it’s somehow tied to the hardware of my system. 5950x, RTX3090, 64GB RAM, 5120x1440 monitor.

No overclock, no plugins, as vanilla as you can get. And I can only play for five minutes, tops. It’s been like this for months. :man_shrugging: