WAS Hoping for an Asobo Press Release

It’s been 6 days with no word. I uninstalled mine last week after this fiasco. Though I don’t think I’ll reinstall again, I WAS still curious what Asobo has to say. Not anymore…if 6 days isn’t enough time to at least give us some info then I’m not even interested in that anymore.

What a sad, sad week.

25 Likes

They already have your money…

9 Likes

They have an update each Thursday.

6 Likes

After breaking their own product an informative update shouldn’t take days.

8 Likes

They haven’t broken anything (technically), just dumbed it down massively when they said they wouldn’t…

8 Likes

I wasn’t able to even launch after the hotfix. They certainly broke it.

4 Likes

Ah yeah well broken for you then, but not for everyone. If it was broken for everyone I’m sure we would’ve heard a lot more out of them by now

2 Likes

Then what was the hotfix for if not all installed copies of the app?

2 Likes

No idea mate

They’ll need time to trawl through all the feedback on here (lots of it not very constructive) and the software to understand what might be happening before making statements.

3 Likes

Putting my cynical hat on for a moment, any official response to what is going on will have to be proof read by very PR savvy people. That was why I was surprised to watch the rather frank admissions by that Asobo developer in the Digital Foundry interview. It was a great interview really, even though some of its content left me feeling a little depressed about the whole situation.

2 Likes

Have you reported the no-launch issue?

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

AFAIK it is not a widespread issue to not even be able to launch the simulator, so they may not be fully aware.

You bet I did. :slight_smile:

Probably even if they did say something at the moment it would be a very “filtered” statement focused on “damage control”, reassuring and possibly taking time. Do you really need to hear a story?

Is the SU5 your only “lived” update or have you noticed how gradually things have been “broken and glued together” and then “broken again” and “fixed again” over the last year?
Be it graphics, flight model, instrumentation and so on and so forth.

1 Like

I totally understand why people are sad and angry.
It is one year after release. And we have this.
Its like we haven’t move one inch. We all should enjoy this hobby, but now its a waiting simulator for whole year.
I really regret that i invested in this so much time and money and have missed all the joy of flight simulation in P3D. After one year I cant say that I had one fulfilling airliner flight. With all the traffic, Weather, ATC, study level A320/B373.
It looks like this 10 year roadmap is a roadmap for the first stable, full product release (features at level of fsx (ignoring graphics)).

12 Likes

You’re probably right…it’ll certainly be carefully edited. I would still like at least some acknowledgment. I’ve had to reinstall, I think, 6 times since last August so it’s been very very up and down but mostly down. Weather and ATC (which they said were two of the most important things to simmers) still don’t work.

1 Like

Where do you get 6 days from, since they released a patch on Friday, with announcements. Went home for the weekend, aside hope they would, where do you get 6 days?

When SU5 was released.

It is simple. They just don’t care.
Even developers of add-ons are not informed in anyway. They just release an update and disappear.
I’m back on xplane

10 Likes

I started re-installing my mods and reshade last night for X-Plane. Yea it takes a little more work to get it looking anywhere near msfs visually but at least when you get it there it is a lot better experience. Especially if you are not looking for an arcade type of experience. MSFS stopped working as far as data streaming went as soon as I installed SU5 so it looks like pre-FSX days anyways now.

6 Likes