WASM for Xbox SU12

The 414 that on the Xbox doesn’t have working mixture control because it uses wasm?

Looks great, and for some reason i’ve missed this.
Happy :small_airplane:

Awesome :joy: yep looks a bit limited that. Just have to keep on using that Xbox controller eh?!

Sadly, a little more advanced than my setup but…

1 Like

I’m not saying it’s unusable, I’m just asking if and why it has been moved to SU12. I’ll wait for it, I have to, just curious as to why it was moved.

If there needing a core O/S update for the console system, that is going to be weeks even months of testing for security and compatibility. Maybe not only with MS/Asobo but also other Dev teams so that There product isn’t impacted.

I don’t know all the reasons behind why it’s delayed but here’s my point of view…

It’s disappointing that we’re still waiting for WASM support on Xbox, I want to be able to fly the PMDG 737 etc… but I am more than happy to wait until “it’s ready”.

When is SU12 actually due and does this mean the A310 will be delayed or released and WASM added once it’s good to go?

1 Like

Sorry to ask now !

Its not sure now that A310 will arrive on Nov 11 ?

Because of the delay of WASM !!

The 414 is an amazing aircraft to have on Xbox.
It has a very real - feeling flight model and in SU10 the experience of flying it is incredibly smooth and fluent.
I wouldn’t trade that experience to have a fully functional mixture control - which isn’t going to be realistic unless you have a fully functioning replica 414 cockpit. It’s just a bit of button pushing to me and so of little consequence. But if people would prefer to push buttons then have a fluid and smooth flight experience I’m not going to argue with them as long as they don’t impose that on me - the flight is the most important part of this sim for me.

According to this post, the A310 and any aircraft shipped directly with the base sim is not affected and will be released as planned.

1 Like

Forgive me if i missed it, but I see no mention of this in release notes.

Is it still planned for SU11 or has it slipped yet again?

Thank you

According to the latest development update WASM support on Xbox has been pushed back to SU12.

4 Likes

Thanks, perhaps they should stop listing it, if they keep pushing it back.
I thought it was needed for the 40th anniversary edition update though due to all the aircraft they will be adding in that update?

2 Likes

I don’t think we know if WASM is needed for the 40th Anniversary aircraft. Probably only for the A310. What happens with it remains to be seen. My suspicion/worry is that it will be delayed and released separately from the update, but this is just pure speculation on my part. I don’t think the other aircraft need WASM at all.

1 Like

This is ridiculous. I think I made a joke at one point when su10 was in beta saying I wish su10 would hurry up and release so we could start being annoyed that wasm wasn’t coming in su11 and it came true.

3 Likes

I just want some concrete evidence that it will arrive in an SU update soon, instead of continuous delays.
So if it’s listed now for SU12, please let this be the one. Fed up of constant pushing this fix to next SU update.

6 Likes

I don’t think you’ll get concrete evidence on anything here when it comes to timelines. When the developers run into problems, things are delayed.

4 Likes

It has been made clear in another already closed beta thread that no 40th Anniversary content at all will make its way into the beta. No helicopters and such things.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/no-helicopters/549169?u=randyflagg9653

1 Like

I don’t think we will even get an answer as to why it is delayed.

I asked as much as we’ve heard nothing.

An interesting question to start pondering will be if the content coming will be “enough”? Is it enough of a consolation? Personally for me no because I and no doubt others were betting on having a couple study level planes by the end of year and even possibly by now.

1 Like

I may be in the minority here, but I just want honesty and openness about the situation.

I don’t need a consolation prize. As much as I want to get my DC-6 onto my Xbox, I’m also able to continue waiting for this to happen — if it is going to happen at all.

That is where the openness and honesty part is important to me. I just want to know what is going on here and what the issue is and whether or not we really are going to see this fix come to fruition.

7 Likes