Waste of time

Good evening,
I have exactly the same problem as you with a machine assembled by IT professionals (i9-9900k - 32 go ram - ssd nvme 2 to - cg rtx 2080ti - windows 10 pro (installed in several times as well as the simulation), just the simulator without anything else and yet suddenly crashes on

You beat me to it. I was thinking of posting an open letter to Asobo. I loved the sim, and look forward to how it will mature over time. I wish that Asobo will focus on getting this sim stable before adding all the new modules and even world updates. I know that many people have no issue with the sim. I was one of those. Never had a CTD until I got my Reverb G2 and started flying in VR. The culprit might also be my GPU and I donā€™t want to shift the blame on MS. But, their lack of response (both MS and AMD) have been pretty disheartening.

I started having CTD with the last release. Thought it was the issue with my VR, so tried on the flat screen and they still crash with ā€œdriver timeout detectedā€. Faulting module is D3D11.dll, but Iā€™ve seen other modules also fail. Iā€™ve gone through reinstalling Windows 10 fresh twice. Iā€™ve gone three three clean install of the SIM with no mods, no third-party, Iā€™ve turned all my OC off, tried every single known trick posted here including registry edits, and turning off various features of the sim. Iā€™ve done many DDU, clean install of drivers dating all the way back to the release of my GPU and nothing has changed.
Iā€™ve ruled out GPU failure as it will pass any other stress test including 20 loops of 3Dmark in all six, OCCT 3D which is pretty intense. Iā€™ve not experienced a single crash in DCS. So itā€™s hard to imagine this is hardware failure or a driver issue. I am not crashing to desktop in every single flight (used to be 50/50) and just reinstalled the sim last night to eliminate any botched installation. On the first flight, CTD!
I feel like any more effort I put into make this sim playable is a total waste of time. Whatā€™s maddening is that ASOBO is more focused on releasing aesthetic upgrades and thirdparty products while the sim is getting less and less stable with each release (at least on my machine). This sim has such enormous potential, but at this point, I am done playing. I will see if the next update will bring any fixes but I highly doubt it. People have been crying aloud for a fix since October, and itā€™s gotten worse.

1 Like

Yes, same with me. Ctds galore! Iā€™ve stopped using fs2020 now Iā€™m back on xplane and p3d5. Love my addons and smooth no crashes on them. I felt exactly like you. I got blown away by the hype and love at first site, but to a great disappointmentā€¦ this sim is on the shelf for now, sad. Thank god I did not follow suit and uninstalled my others. Phew, that was close! And I enjoy my xplane very much , with my variety of long haul airliners I have !! Until that sim is stable, Iā€™ll be back. For now, Iā€™m off to hong kong on my Cathay Pacific ff 777-300 with my ge90 roar!!!

2 Likes

Tried it, but CTD every time.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

I so feel your pain. Personally I can 't waste any more time on this. The cash is annoying but the time is a killer. I am having a look at x-plane as I have washed my hands of this rubbish.

I wish they would stop with world updates and let 3rd party,s do that part so they can put all there man power into sim updates onlyā€¦So many things are broken yet on the wish list people want to see trains lolā€¦Give me a break and go play Train Sim

Itā€™s been said many times that different teams work on different things. Do you believe the scenery artists also work on the avionics?

As of the state of the sim i do yes

Its one step forward to 3 steps back on every update so farā€¦Not good enough on a game i paid over Ā£100 for

Every once in a while I fire up MFS2020, I try it weekly. But then it crashes or geeks out, and I go back to doing something else or DCS. Iā€™ve gotten a lot of other projects done, so I guess thatā€™s a plus. Itā€™s a shame I have thousands of hours in FSX but little in MSFS2020. I even dropped $1700+ USD on a new rig for MSFS2020. I could go back to FSX, but it is hard after seeing what MFS2020 could be. Nothing like flying for 1-2 hours preparing for approach and crashing to desktop. Very relaxingā€¦ :rofl:

I like MSFS and Iā€™ve never had problems with CTDā€™s since it was released. But, lately, everytime I use the SIM it crashes at some point. Itā€™s not functional now. My CTD restart my computer. I guess Iā€™ll wait for the fix. Something changed in the last 7 days or soā€¦

@PowerMuffin7904 It appears people donā€™t have a problem until they doā€¦ I never had an issue even after 1 or 2 updates, and didnā€™t know what people were talking about with all the CTDs. Then they started, and never stoppedā€¦ Welcome to the club.

2 Likes

Practice what you preach then. Youā€™ve just done in response the exact same thing youā€™ve criticised someone else for, including comparing someone to a serial peadophile and then asking ā€˜something to hide?ā€™ because theyā€™re not dancing to your tune. All that just makes you no better than the person youā€™ve replied to; in fact Iā€™d say that comparing what they wrote to your latest retort, it makes you actually worse, and if nothing else simply a complete hypocrite.

3 Likes

Everyone experiencing regular CTDā€™s, have you reported to Zendesk once youā€™ve confirmed itā€™s the sim with an empty community folder and no overclocking?

Iā€™m just saying this as a reminder - if you have done so already then please ignore this post, just wanted to provide some advice for people donā€™t know about Zendesk, often this forum is the first place people are coming.

If this is indeed becoming a repeating issue for more and more people then individuals reporting it on Zendesk is going to be the best and fastest way to get this addressed.

Here is the Zendesk page for reporting issues and requesting support:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000866399

There is a dedicated option to request support for CTDā€™s, where it asks for specific information on your crash. This provides Asobo with much of the relevant information to start identifying who is having issues and why.

Do not report it as a bug, report under the dedicated option ā€œI need support (crashes/CTD/performance issues)ā€ and complete the form.

Asobo have no leg to stand on if everyone does this when they experience regular CTDā€™s.

I report on average two bugs every three days to Zendesk. I even put a request in on the last dev Q and A to ask why we do not have full functionality on saved flights, which is a basic function , it got ignored on the day, but a user asking why her garden has over grown trees in her garden within the sim got answered. For me this shows the state of affairs on this platform at the moment.

I am talking just about CTDā€™s, have you completed the specific Zendesk support form for CTD as detailed my previous post?

Re other features people feel are being neglected, my thoughts on development priorities are in my post here

Depending on your CPU, I would say that we have pretty much identical hardware.
I used to run MSFS with a GTX1070, but upgraded to a 3080 last month.
Got 32GB RAM, and an i9-9900k. Iā€™m having no issues what so ever, with a small exception with FaceTrack NoIR causing some issues a couple months back.

Are you sure your BIOS settings are optimal? My default CPU settings in BIOS (the BIOS that came with my motherboard) was somewhat skewed at first. I had to downclock my CPU to prevent it from pulling too much amps.

After updating my BIOS, and loading default settings for my CPU, there were no more problems. Just saying that your problems MIGHT not be FS related, although they could be.

1 Like

Of course I have. I keep all my e-mails and responses from the Zendesk is logged. I was one of the first users to report the recent CTD due to the corrupt Bing data. Iā€™m afraid the feeling is that these reports that are being referred to Zendesk are completely back logged. If they are not addressing faults at the most basic level the way forward isnā€™t looking good, The recent CTD issue will take precedence because it is a game breaker, but other issues that should be addressed will take a back seat over eye candy issues. A real shame.

1 Like