Water Masking.. It's just so Beautiful!

Here’s another from tonight using Tom’s coordinates above. I just don’t want to leave that beautiful water! This Sim is phenomenal! It’s the most amazing simulated flight I have ever experienced in my 20+ years of simming. Truly a monumental achievement by Asobo!

23 Likes

Absolutely awesome! my friend… these shots, the videos you been doing, are TOP TOP quality…

1 Like

Where are the whitecaps!?!

I use to maintain the radar there in Grand Turk. Use to fly myself there all the time. Just got to fly the Icon A5 at Hilton Head Island. Wish they had Icons when I was flying down there. Would have been fun.

2 Likes

Yeah, I kept the winds light for a smoother flight.

Good eyes! :eyes:

Lake Tekapo, new Zealand :blush:

8 Likes

Some great shots :slight_smile:

1 Like

and some frozen lakes in northern Tibet :blush:

7 Likes

I’m lost, there are so many places to visit that I don’t know where to begin…

On FS2020, flying over landscapes is more interesting than flying over cities.

5 Likes

where is the location please ? it’s incredible

Still with the master’s touch I see :wink:

1 Like

A few from today :slight_smile:

!

!

8 Likes

Here are the coordinates:
25.025081, -76.528483

Just copy and paste that into the search box at the world map page in game and it will take you to that area!

1 Like

It is just amazing!! thank you for sharing. So much to see on this planet :slight_smile:

11 Likes

It’s so breathtaking!
Glorious shot!
What a ride this is!!!

1 Like

It would be nice to have an updated map about water masks from the devs to know where to go flying, and where not to go :slight_smile:
The sim is looking 1000 times better with the masks.

2 Likes

This is actually important point !

I think term “water masking” is outdated and now only past Flight Simers refer to it as such.
MFS 2020 has everything to present reefs and underwater sand dunes correctly w.o manual adjustments required.
AI should visualize such patterns accurately based on aerial photos, with small exceptions I guess

For me it is strange that we have just blurred out mess like here

2 Likes

that’s such a shame :(, that’s like it is not the same place!

They specifically said on their Q&A section that AI couldn’t do that for now, but they are working on a more automated way to add the masks where the imagery is good. In the meantime, let’s just appreciate the places places they will add by hand.

4 Likes

While everyone’s excited about the beauty of some Caribbean locations SE Asia is looking pretty shabby. I haven’t yet found a single location in the entire region (famous for its beautiful turquoise waters, it’s islands and shallow coral seas) where this ‘water masking’ is in full effect (or any effect at all).

And I know this represents a lot of work - it’s a huge geographical region. I understand the sim has only just launched and there’s a road map ahead. If I could, I’d volunteer to do the job myself. It’s very disappointing.

6 Likes